Chapter 9

It's finally Wednesday. Monday surely dragged on forever. After we all finished eating pizza, we went our separate ways with Connie smirking the whole way through our car ride because I kept on asking her to spill but she wouldn't.

Tuesday was the same, really. A few collision with no other than the wannabe Queen B herself. Cole just ignoring me more than ever (even though it was our second day being friends). Ethan walking me to classes here and then. Parker staring Ethan down until he says goodbye and leaves. Connie and Erik being the cutest couple ever. Rylie just being her normal happy self. Last but not the least, James being an adorable dork in class. I just don't know how the kid manages to be cool yet be an absolute dork.

There was this time yesterday during Chemistry where the teacher asked him something and he just stared at her like, "What the hell are you saying?" Then during AP English Lit, Ms. Fenech asked him to explain why Heathcliff and Catherine didn't end up being married and he was just like, "Do I talk, or do you? I've nev-- I'm not skilled at this. This is my first time answering a question, wow." Needless to say, the teacher wasn't impressed that he got detention and he was very upset about that.

Also speaking of detention, Rylie and I have been attending after school detentions because of our little incident with the two fakest people on earth. But yesterday James joined us. The teacher supervising didn't even really care so it was basically a fun detention.

I am now on my way to meet the rest of the squad, with Connie, Erik, Rylie and James, for a quick lunch date. We just finished suffering from English. James and Erik seemed to be in a pretty deep conversation so Connie walked with Rylie and I which was completely fine.

"So are you going to the party on Saturday?" Connie asks.

"Duh! Of course I am!"

Connie rolls her eyes, "of course you are but I wasn't talking to you Rylie."

"Whatevs," she smiles.

"So are you?" Connie glances at me.

"I don't know..." I reply.

I didn't realise that we were already out the front of the school. Cole was nowhere to be seen and Parker was already beside his car since he found his keys yesterday lying around his bed. Erik, James and Parker did their bro-hug-handshake thingy as we just stood there.

"Hey Carter," Parker smiles as he walks over to me. He puts his arm around my shoulders and I playfully pushed it off.

"So where do you guys want to go?" James asks.

"There's this place just around the block that sells these really great and massive burgers," Erik answers.

"Everyone good with that?"

A chorus of 'yes' were heard.

"Then it's set," James smiles. "I'll see you guys there," with that he walks off to his car and so did Erik and Connie.

Parker looks over at Rylie and they talked with their facial expressions which I didn't really get. I guess I'll just have to get used to this. Parker finally smiles and looks away for a brief moment.

"Are we going to go or..?" I ask Rylie.

"Actually... I might just catch a lift with James because I have to talk to him about something," she explains before saying goodbye, leaving me dumbfounded.

"You can ride with me if you want," Parker winks and my eyes widen. "Not in that way," his face mirrors mine. "Well... unless you want to?" He awkwardly says rubbing the back of his neck. I burst out laughing and hit the back of his head.