The delectable Miss Walker

CHAPTER THREE - THE DELECTABLE MISS WALKER

'This way if you please Miss Walker, Mrs bold, tonight we have the pleasure of joining my brother and his wife in their box.'

Mr Peck lead the way through the dim corridor, following the small flickers of light dotted evenly along the walls. After an introduction with the viscount and his wife, and some pleasant but rather docile conversation, Lizzie revelled in the busy scene below her, she stood at the edge of the box, both hands rested on the balcony edge as she took in the scene around her. It was a full house tonight and every seat was indeed filled, the atmosphere was palpable.

'Lizzie, sit down' he aunt scolded her quietly from behind and she bit on her lip to stop the bubble of laughter.

She was enjoying herself for once. They took their seats and settled in to watch the new play which Lizzie had heard was meant to be the new and upcoming playwrights best work to date. It was very generous of Mr Peck and the viscount to invite Lizzie, Vic and her aunt to join them. As the room quietened, murmured excited conversations became hushed whispers before silence rested on the room as everyone readied themselves for the performance to start.

She had that beautiful smile on her lips again, sweeping those incredibly green eyes about the entire theatre, taking in the buzz and the life of the room. The performance had yet to begin, she'd carefully placed her delicate gloved hands on the edge of the box and ever so slightly leaned over to see below her, giving Blake a fantastic view her cleavage and the swell of her breast as she did so, despite the beautiful lilac gown she wore tonight with its demure, respectable and relatively high neckline, which would usually only allow the soft creamy flesh of her shoulders and neck to be bared, but the angle she took to see the levels below rendered it useless. She had captured his eye from the moment she'd strolled into the box opposite him, on Mr Pecks arm. Blake couldn't stop a sceptical eyebrow raising, he could see he was using his brother, a viscount, to his advantage. Is that why she had accepted his invite this evening? He didn't think so. She didn't strike him as the type of woman to be so easily wooed. She took too much pleasure in simpler things. she'd been engrossed in her surroundings when she had arrived to the point of almost ignoring her company, and the first time he saw her she'd been admiring the ceiling of a ballroom. And when she spoke of riding and of her home... No, she couldn't be brought, not as easily as many other young women looking for a husband.

Of course, her family would want to marry her off to the best suitor who boasted wealth and a title, perhaps someone like himself? Surely, he'd be favoured over Peck, even with his reputation.

What was he thinking? He didn't want a wife. He'd sworn off woman after last time and didn't intend to take a wife if he could help it.

'Isn't this wonderful Lizzie?' The excitement in Vic's voice filled Lizzie with happiness.

'Yes, it is, I dare say we have one of the best views of the stage.'

This earnt her a great smile from James. Lizzie didn't usually favour the theatre but from up here, it was magical. At first, she had been dubious about accepting Mr Pecks kind offer but Aunt Lucy would never have let her do anything other than accept most graciously, she had to admit it would be rude not to once they discovered that they were free to attend. James was a nice man and had been so nice toward her, but that was it, he was just...nice.

Aunt Lucy tapped Victoria's arm, who sat closest to her

'Shush girls, it is about to begin' even her aunt, who had been to the theatre countless times, had an air of excitement about her.

As the play in which he had been invited to see by his brother played on, Blake barely took notice, it had become background noise. He took his seat in the shadows of his own box and decided he would much rather enjoy the view on the opposite side of the room. She looked beautiful as she watched on unawares. Those big eyes fixed on the stage as she followed the plot, all manner of emotions passed on her features. He smiled at seeing the smile on her lips. He sipped his wine and casually crossed one leg, altering his position to try and relieve the semi he was currently nursing, At least it was dark. She had him so aroused, and in such a public place, He hadn't been this out of control of his carnal instincts since a young lad, first discovering the beautiful creatures of the opposite sex. She was on the other side of the room for god's sake. It hadn't changed since he caught that naughty view of her bosom bulging from her bodice, and Blake couldn't stop the images running through his head, Him releasing them from the confines of her dress and undergarments, suckling one sweet plush nipple after the other, causing her to moan softy. Dammit, shifting again to hide the ever-increasing bulge in his trousers, it had to be then she looked over, directly at him. Her eyes squinting slightly as if trying to adjust to the darkness as they found his. Her pink lips parted ever so slightly in a little pout to form a small O, which he couldn't help but think could be put to wonderful tasks, he'd only tasted little, but he had a hunger for more. Blake quit fighting the problem between his legs and froze. It was pointless after that, her look almost had him spent right here. Her attention was caught by Mr Peck placing his hand on her shoulder, she jumped about turning her incredible gaze away from him.