Red Dress Pt. 3

*1587 words
People started to take their seats as the man announced the meals. Lin pulled the chair out for me as I took my seat. I moved my dress aside as  he pushed me towards the table. We sat on the inside by the wall. He took his seat and immediately grabbed my hand. He rubbed his thumb in circular motions across the back of my hand. He leaned over and whispered and asked if I was okay. I looked at him and nodded my head yes. He smiled a big toothy grin and kissed my temple.
"Tonight we'd like to congratulate the cast of Aladdin. Let's introduce our Prince Ali and Princess Jasmine. Adam Jacobs and Cassandra Reynolds!"
I stood up as did Adam.
"We'd also like to introduce our genie James Monroe. Why don't you three come up here and sing us a song?"
He walked over to me and grabbed my hand. James followed behind us and stood off stage.
"Just go with it,"
We walked to the front of the room and stood next to each other.
Adam became his character as did I. I looked out into the room to see all eyes on me.
"Now mind you this is 6 weeks in so we're still practicing."
They all started to laugh as Adam began to sing the beginning of A Whole New World.
"You must feel trapped inside these walls we'll run away just you and me, why not escape as evening falls. there's a whole world you have yet to see."
I turned around and faced him.
"If I go with you will it be safe?"
"Sure do you trust me?"
"What did you just say?"
"I said do you trust me?"
I'm not sure why but yes."
He took my hand as the beginning music started.
"I can show you the world, shining shimmering splendid, tell me princess now when did you last let your heart decide. I can open your eyes take you wonder by wonder over sideways and under on a magic carpet ride a whole new world a new fantastic point of view no one to tell us no or where to go or say we're only dreaming."
I took over with my line and the crowd erupted with applause.
"A whole new world a dazzling place I never knew but when I'm way up here it's crystal clear that now I'm in a whole new world with you."
"Now I'm in a whole new world with you."
"Unbelievable sights indescribable feelings soaring tumbling freewheeling through an endless diamond sky, a whole new world!"
I held my arms out as if I were floating
"Don't you dare close your eyes,"
"a hundred thousand things to see,"
"Hold your breath it gets better."
"I'm like a shooting star I've come so far I can't go back to where I used to be every turn a surprise
"A new horizon to pursue."
"every moment red letter."
"I'll chase them any where there's time to spare let me share this whole new world with you."
The music kept playing as we acted in love with each other. Adam twirled me into his arms and held my hands. I looked over to Lin and saw him smiling, his hand placed against his heart.
"a whole new world."
"Don't you dare close your eyes."
"A hundred thousand things to see"
"Hold your breath it gets better."
"I'm like a shooting star I've come so far I can't go back to where I use to be."
"A whole new world"
"every turn a surprise."
"A new horizon to pursue."
"every moment red letter."
"I'll chase them anywhere there's time to spare Let me share this whole new world with you."
"A whole new world,"
"A whole new world."
"That's where we'll be."
"A thrilling chase"
"A wondrous place."
We turned and faced each other.
"For you and me."
We faced the audience as he held me close. The music had stopped as we looked at each other and felt relief.
"That went way better than expected!"
Adam hugged me and kissed my cheek.
We both took individual bows. Adam went first and got whistle blows but when I bowed everybody erupted once again. Lin yelled numerous times and got looks from everyone.
Adam and James started to sing friend like me. Everybody laughed as I stood off stage and laughed at my two goons.
The song had ended as Adam and James helped me down the steps and walked me back over to my seat. I took my seat next to Lin and Adam and James gave their condolences.
"You were fantastic babe."
Lin had whispered into my ear once the two guys has left. I blushed as he kissed my cheek.
"Let's give it up one more time for them!"
The guy had announced one last time.
The music had started again as Lin took me dancing. We were soon surrounded by James, Daveed, Oak, Leslie, and Chris.
I danced with the guys as they continued to congratulate me.
It got closer to midnight and I was beyond tired. Lin took me for one last dance and I laid my head on his shoulder.
"Hey pretty girl, are you tired?"
I let out a yawn and looked at him. He kissed my nose and brought me to the lobby of the hotel.
"Let's get you home."
We walked outside to see cameras were still out and about.
"Mr. Miranda are you dating Miss Reynolds?"
"Mr. Miranda what can you tell us about Hamilton."
"Mr. Miranda is it true you're dating Cassandra Reynolds."
We ignored the questions and walked to the car. He opened the door for me as I got all the way in and he closed the door as he got inside.
"So how'd that go for you?"
"I had fun but I'm super tired."
"Yeah we better get you home."
Once we got to my house Lin helped me out and walked me up to the door.
"So are you sleeping here or at your house?"
"Where would you like me to stay?"
I walked closer to him and laid my hands against his chest.
"Well, I'd like for you to stay here. You already have some clothes here if not you can go grab some."
"Or you could come stay at my place? You basically live there as it is. And you can borrow my clothes. Cassie just come home with me."
"Okay."
We walked over to Lin's house and opened the front door.
"Alright let's get you to bed."
We walked up the stairs and to his bedroom. I took my shoes off and unzipped my dress. Lin threw me a pair of his boxers and a shirt of his.
My dress fell to the floor and Lin walked over to me. His arms wrapped around my waist and placed feather like kisses against my clothed shoulders.
"Lin, I need to go to bed."
I walked out of his grip and over to his bed.
I pulled my hair into a lazy bun on the top of my head as I climbed under the covers and snuggled into his pillow. I felt the bed get lower as he joined me on the other side.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. I flipped my body so I was facing him. He looked down at me and kissed the top of my forehead.
"Goodnight My Princess Jasmine."
"Goodnight My Prince Ali."
"Maybe we should come up with better nicknames?"
"Ariel and Eric."
"Perfect."
"Well then goodnight my little mermaid."
"Goodnight my prince Eric."f
He kissed the top of my head again and began to sing loving you by Michael Jackson.
Hello August moon, where are the stars of the night? You promised me too soon, cause it's been cloudy all night and the weatherman said if you're not well stay in bed cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head. Instead of going out to some restaurant I stay home in bed. But I'll be loving you that's what I want to do I'll be loving you that's what I want to do.
Hello, midnight lover, you're the one I adore
And I'll be thinking of you 'til the stars are no more. If it's cloudy or blue, I'll stay here with you. We'll make a wish, and then we'll kiss, a love forever true. Instead of going out to some restaurant, I'll stay here with you. But I'll be loving you, that's what I want to do
I'll be loving you, that's what I want to do. It seems you don't know we reached the heightened mountain. Every time I seem to disappear And together, we will fly, we'll dance up in the heaven. I can really feel it when you're near. And the weatherman said if you're not well, stay in bed. Cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head. Instead of going out to some restaurant, I stay home in bed. But I'll be loving you, that's what I want to do I'll be loving you, that's what I want to doBut I'll be loving you, that's what I want to doI'll be loving you, that's what I want to do Loving you, that's what I want to do Loving you, that's what I want to do, always on my mind.