Chapter 1

All rights reserved

"LINDA! What do think you're doing?" I screamed.

Linda, the small brunette, immobilised her hand. She looked at me, a glint of fear in her eyes.

"What? Did I do something wrong?"

I moved slowly towards her, near the sink and stared at her in the reflection.

"You can't wear that lipstick," I reached out for a tissue in my bag. "I'm already wearing it's colour. You'll use it some other day."

I smiled and handed her the tish. She smiled back faintly and took it.

"Good! Now move, I need to look at myself in the mirror." I motioned her away and she exited the bathroom.

I took her place in front of the mirror. Poor Linda... She was nothing until I noticed last year. With her small figure and charming brown locks, she had potential and I decided to take her under my wing. Now, she was one of the most popular girls, after me I mean.

I chuckled, while rearranging my hair. Perfect! As always, I have to say.

"Ariana! Move it!" Ava says, bursting into the toilets. "We have french in 2 minutes."

Muttering, I followed her into the corridors. Ava was my oldest friend. I'd known her since our mothers gave birth at the same time, in rooms opposite to each other. Through kindergarten she was my only friend, but high school came and while I worked, easily, my way to the top, she stayed at the bottom. However, we stayed friends through our classes in commun. She and I were very similar in multiple ways, starting with our appearances. We were both tall blonds with incredible blue eyes and a curvy body. Our love for make up and clothes was shared and she was the only one to understand me, most of the time.

I entered our french class. Ugh, great Mr. Delacour. You know, bold, strict and the kind of teacher you don't want to have? Well, that was him.

I watched Ava as she sat next to one of her friend, leaving alone. I settled myself on a quiet table at the back and took out my phone. I was twitting something like: " Mr. Delacour is as bold as ever." When I heard a bag landing heavily on my table.

I raised my gaze to meet two beautiful green eyes... that I didn't recognise. The boy pulled out the chair next to me and sat.

"Can I help you?" I asked astonished.

The boy turned to face me.

"Nope, I'm good." He shrugged and turned towards the front again.

I paused and turned to him with an evil smile.

"You can't sit there. My boyfriend is coming. You know, tall, muscular, captain of the football team?"

It was big lie but I'd rather sit alone than next to this dork. I smiled in victory as I see him reach for his bag. But he only got out his notebook and laughed!

"Yeah right! As if he was smart enough to learn french."

I was going to punch him, I swear! But I have to say, he looked good. With those green eyes, thick dark hair and muscular body, he had potential. Maybe if I managed to convince him to loose that sweater...

"Anyway, are you new here?" I asked as if I was wondering what time it was.

The boy bursted into laughter. "New? You can't be serious! I was with you in geography last year!"

I frowned. My last year's geography class was composed mainly of girls. There was one boy but he was a totally geek. Wait, unless...

"Oh my gosh! You're that geek aren't you?" I said with a disgusted look on my face.

He sighed before nodding. "Well, I more commonly go by as Etienne..."

But I wasn't listening, to stunned by the fact that this "cute" boy could be THE geek with hideous glasses. I went on:

"You're the one who ask Nina out. But she said no! Shame she said no, though."

Thank god she said no. That fool was going to say yes! In fact, I was the one who persuaded her to refuse. She couldn't possibly date the dorkiest guy of the high school and remain my friend. She made her choice and like everyone else, she chose me.

Etienne didn't respond, too concentrated on the teacher who started moving in front of his own desk.

"Bonjour, bonjour! " Mr. Delacour started before explaining this year's program.

My mind was long gone when the school bell finally rang. Etienne quickly packed his stuff before leaving. The teacher asked me to "come and see him".

I got up, throwing my useless notebook in my Michael Kors and headed towards him. With the most phoney smile of them all, I ask:

"Is there a problem, Mr. Delacour?"

He smiled back. "Well, I got your grades from last year and I noticed that french was a weak subject for you."

Weak?! You mean, I completely suck at french and my grades clearly showed my lack of interest in the matter.

He went on. "It would be a shame to penalise yourself when you can do better. Which is why I was wondering if you would consider having a tutor."

Consider? More like "You're going to have one, or I will make your life a living hell!"

My fake smile still in place I accepted the offer.

"Well then it's settle! I'll let you know next lesson if I found someone."

I walked towards the exit. "Thank you Sir, for you concern."

More like: next time I see you, I'm gonna destroy you!

There! This is my first chapter of my new story. This is actually new for me and hope it will be a good experience! Tell me what you thought! This story will also be published on my personal site: http://blogofanadolescent.wordpress.com