Chapter 29

Six months later

"Alice! How you seen my top? The blue one with the roses?" I yelled at my roommate, who was currently in the kitchen making herself breakfast. She was an awful cook.

"Yeah, it's in my room. On the back of the chair." She yelled back.

The phone still pressed to my ear, I ran from my room to hers. I scanned it quickly but didn't manage to locate my shirt.

"Ava? Let me call you back, I'm having a crisis." I said into the phone. The voice on the other side of the line laughed and hung up.

Alice's bedroom was a huge mess. She was an art student, but that didn't actually justify her lack of organisation. First, clothes where scattered everywhere, and I mean everywhere. They spurted out of her opened closet, on her desk, the floor, and even her bed. I wonder how she slept in that mess.

Secondly, drawings. Piled on the clothes or hiden under them, you could easily walk on them by inadvertance. Okay, I have to admit, they were beautiful but still.

Last but not least, there were random items piling onto the pile of clothes and drawings. Toothbrushes, pencils, pads (unused thank the lord), perfum. A wonder how it all held in place.

I carefully made my way to her desk and lifted about five shirts, when I finally came across my top. I grabbed it and exited the room. After second thoughts, I thought it better to just threw it directly into the laundry bag right away. I pulled an other blue shirt, but with long sleeves this time which was quite convenient seeing it was cold in Paris in November, from my closet.

I looked at the clock and rushed out of my room. "Alice, I have to go or I'm gonna be late." I grabbed a small toast she had made for herself and sending her a kiss, I opened the door.

"Don't think you'll get away so easily! I'll see you at Loic's tonight!" She screamed back.

I peeked my tongue at her. She laughed, while I closed the door. I had known Alice for a few months and we had been close instantly. At first, when we communicated through the phone, it had been quite awkward but when we met in real life, we got along just fine.

I had been overjoyed to see her and Paul at the airport. Paul introduced us and we went directly to her apartment so I could leave my bags before grabbing a coffee all together.

Her apartment was small but cosy. We each had a room and had to share the bathroom, which was okay because she kept it clean, unlike her room. The entrance gave view to a small dining area with a couch and a small tv. A kitchen island stood behind the couch and the whole kitchen after that. It's where we often took breakfast together. On the left, stood a coridor where our bedrooms oposite to each other and the bathroom at the end of the coridor. Her parents had rented it for her two years ago when she decided to move for Marseille to Paris

Appart from being extremely messy, Alice was a third year art student, with big brown eye that sparkled with joy. Her hair was long, and dark, that she often braided. She was about my size and quite curvy. I loved her joy of life and good humour. We often spoke French together, but since she managed English better than I owned French, we mostly stuck to my mothertongue.

I exited the building and grabbed my phone, dialing Ava's number. "Hey, sorry I was running late. And Alice always steals my clothes, I swear somtimes I could kill her. Anyway, you were saying?"

Ava chuckled. "Well, Jamie and I are seeing each other less than before lately and I don't know, I wish I could just tell him that I miss him. I think he thinks that I don't and that I'm going to find a smart boyfriend that majors in psychologie. I mean it's not because he decided to work in a diner that I don't love him! But you know me. I tend to hide my feelings."