The Agreement

Ramsay had followed his father into the Stark household. His eyes lingered on the retreating form of the Stark's middle daughter. He could tell that there was something different in her than the other Stark daughters. Ramsay smirked to himself as he followed his father into Lord Stark's study.

"This is not a friendly visit is it, Lord Bolton?" Eddard Stark knew better than to expect pleasantries from a Bolton. He stood strong and tall in front of the Bolton house members.

"Not at all, my lord. This is merely business." Roose Bolton tried to appear just as intimidating as Lord Stark, and failed to do so. "My son, Ramsay, needs a wife. There are no pleasant candidates in Dreadfort."

Ned did not like where this was headed. The Boltons were not known for their kindness, that is for certain. Ned waited patiently as Roose continued to explain that he was legitimizing Ramsay (since his heir is dead) and he needed a wife, of course not now. They would marry in a few years time.

"I have heard of the beauties you possess in this House, Lord Stark." Ned's expression turned dark for a moment. One would have missed it if they did not pay attention. "I wish to better ally the houses of Stark and Bolton."

Ned was about to refuse when Lord Bolton pulled out a letter with the royal seal of House Baratheon. "Of course, I already went ahead and asked King Robert Baratheon, first of his name, to bless the engagement to save you from doing such." In reality, Ned knew this was so he could not refuse. No matter how close he was to Robert, Robert was still the king and Ned could not refuse.

Ned took the letter and read through it carefully. Not only would the Boltons have one of his precious daughters, but the king was coming to claim another one. He has heard the rumors that shrouded Ramsay Bolton and Joffery Baratheon. His two oldest daughters would marry monsters. Eddard Stark has never been so fearful in his life.

"Lord Bolton, would you, and your son, like to stay for the next few days and get to know my daughters?"

Ramsay spoke up for the first time, "I would like to know more about your middle child, Maisie. The rumors in dreadfort say she's a beautiful girl with a wild, yet gentle spirit." Ramsay smirked broadly as he watched Lord Stark lose a bit of color.

"Of course, I shall have some servants help you settle. Allow me to inform my wife and children of this arrangement." With that, Ned excused himself and rushed to find his wife. Of all things to happen, his daughter was to marry a Beast.