A Dinner with the Bastard - Part 2

Maisie laughed with her sisters as the feast was served. Robb watched his sister from down the table. She seemed to effortlessly keep the peace between Sansa and Arya. Robb turned back to Theon who was giving him a look.

"What?" Robb did his best to appear innocent. "I was just making sure they were behaving. You know how Sansa and Arya can be."

Theon scoffed, "If I didn't know ya as well as I do, I would have believed you. Maisie's fine. The Snow boy would be a fool to try something in Winterfell. He can't survive your father, myself, Jon, and you at the same time."

Robb raised an eyebrow, "You are forgetting my mother."

Theon shuddered. "I did that on purpose. Your mother can be quite the fright when protecting her children. Remember the blacksmith's boy who tried to kiss Maisie?"

Robb barked out a laugh, "Mother put that to rest quickly. I have never seen someone run so quickly. Maisie never did like him." Robb sighed. "I just don't want anything to happen to her. Sansa was made to be a Southern girl. She'll strive in the Red Keep. Arya scares off any suitors. She's a wild one. But Maisie, she's too gentle to be left alone in Dreadfort."

As if summoned, Ramsay Snow hopped into the seat next to Robb. "Hello, my lords. Lovely feast, yes?" Ramsay smiled at the two boys in front of him. His smile appeared genuine enough, but something felt entirely off about it. It put both boys on edge. "House Stark knows how to welcome guests."

The compliment seemed more backhanded than anything, like he was trying to insult them. Robb nodded politely. "I am glad you are enjoying yourself."

"No need to be so formal, my lord. We are to be good brothers in the future." Ramsay's smile grew into a mocking one. "Why don't you tell me about my future wife?" Ramsay elongated the last word, pulling it slowly from his mouth. It was as if he was trying to remind Robb why he was in Winterfell, not like he could forget.

"What do you wish to know about her?" Robb was amazed that he didn't sound as tense as he felt. He found himself wondering what would Ramsay look without his head and the joy he would have from ripping it off.

"Anything and everything. I want to make her comfortable when she returns with me to Dreadfort." Ramsay enjoyed the look of surprise and anger on the little lord's face. "Oh? You didn't know? Prince Joffery brought up an excellent point with our fathers. Since Sansa is going to King's Landing to live with her betrothed and get more familar with him, why shouldn't Maisie? My father thought it was a splendid idea. I thought you were informed, my lord. We leave in four days."

Robb was practically seeing red around his vision. He hadn't known about any of this. He was sure his father  would have told him. Prehaps this boy was just lying.

"Lord Stark would have announced that to his family, Bastard," Theon growled.

Ramsay just smirked at the younger boy. "He is, Greyjoy. The announcement will be made tonight during the feast."

Robb gripped the table until his knuckles turned white. "You spill lies, Snow. House Stark does not tolerate liars. Speak of my sister in such away again-"

"Robb?" Maisie's voice barely carried across the table. "Is everything alright?"

Robb turned towards the sound. His sisters were looking back at him. Apparently, his voice had traveled to that end of the table. "Everything is fine," Robb assured. "It is just some friendly banter that got out of hand."

The girls were satisfied with his answer and turned back to their conversation. They knew how Theon could get and Robb would be the first to defend him.

All conversations ceased the moment Eddard stood from his chair at the front of the hall. He cleared is throat before opening his mouth. "Tonight we celebrate not only the arrival our King and the royal family-" Cheers roared throughout the hall interrupting the lord. Ned chuckled before calming the dining hall. "We also celebrate two betrothals. My oldest daughter, Sansa, is to marry Prince Joffrey and will be joining myself and my youngest daughter in the capital."

Maisie grinned at her blushing older sister as the hall erupted in cheers and applause. "When do we start calling you Princess Sansa?" She teased. Maisie laughed as Sansa swatted her arm in response.

"My second oldest daughter is also betrothed. Maisie will marry Ramsay Snow of House Bolton."

Maisie's head snapped back towards her father. Her face held a tense smile but her stormy eyes roared with shock and a bit of anger.

Ramsay grinned behind his cup of mead. Robb reacted just how he had hoped. his face contorted into shock then rage. He turned away from his father and glared at his cup. He clinched and unclinched his hands under the table. The hall erupted into applause again. It pulled Robb out of his enraged trance.

 "That is my cue, gentlemen." Ramsay stood from his place. "I need to charm my betrothed." Ramsay raised his goblet mockingly to the boys. "I hope the rest of the feast is more pleasant for  you both." Ramsay snickered to himself as he walked away. 

Maisie had lost her appetite as soon as her father finished the announcement. She glared at her half eaten plate as Sansa congratulated her, "You will be a Lady in the North! How exciting!" Her words fell on deaf ears.

"How could Father? He could have at least told me before announcing it to all of Winterfell." Maisie spat out.

 Arya attempted to comfort her by patting her shoulder. She didn't see the appeal to marriage either. "But at least you get to stay in the North. Father is forcing me to go South. I would rather stay here." 

Their conversation was cut short when someone cleared their throat behind Maisie. She turned around to see Ramsay standing there with a sweet, sheepish smile. 

"May I sit?" he asked. 

Maisie moved closer to Arya to make room. "Of course you may."

"I am sorry for not informing you of our engagement earlier. I thought it best that your father or mother say something first." Ramsay gave his gentlest smile. "I am sorry you are forced to marry a bastard."

Maisie's sensitive heart broke at his words. She quickly denied his statement. "I do not mind at all that you are a bastard. It is not your fault you were born. I have no issue with bastards. You can find that they are some of the best people." Maisie stole a glance at her brother, Jon, at the other end of the hall. 

Ramsay smirked inwardly. His future bride was so easily moved by a few words. He could not wait to see what he cold do to her once she was away from that overbearing brother of her's. "Your words are too kind, my lady." 

Maisie smiled softly at his words. "You have been nothing but a gentlemen. I believe you deserve them." 

Ramsay flashed her a smirk. "You have yet to see anything, Lady Stark. Save your judgments until we know each other more." He leaned down to press a gentle kiss on her hand, but he received a face full of food instead. 

Arya laughed loudly in victory as Sansa gaped horrified. The youngest had launched her dinner at the Bolton for attempting to steal her sister away. Her victory grin grew larger as Maisie attempted to hold in her laughter. 

Moments later, Robb came from behind them and pulled Arya from the table, "Time for bed." As they walked out of sight, Robb swooped Arya into his arms with a large smile. "Nice shot, little wolf! That was awesome."

Arya's confused expression melted into another proud smile. "He is a total ass. I can smell it on him."

Robb didn't say anything as they drew closer to her room. He didn't need to. It was written all over his face. 

(Sorry it was so late, Beauties. But Merry Christmas! My house had burned down so I've been dealing with that. My sisters (15 and 5) lost everything and half of my stuff is gone. So I've been looking after them. Don't worry. We are fine and pushing through!

I thought I'd give you a present before the new year! Good Luck in 2018!)