A Dinner with the Bastard (Part 1)

(This chapter rewinds a bit. You get to see the Royal Family arrive, which is the event before Maisie and Ramsay run into each other, and the reason why Robert agreed to the engagement. Along...with Dinner)

Joffrey Baratheon scowled as the snow covered capital of the North came into view. These people lived like savages and ants in his opinion. He had no idea why his father insisted they visit. His body ached from the long horse rides and his temper was growing worse as days past.

"You must keep your eyes ahead of you, nephew," his uncle, Tyrion Lannister, instructed. "If you keep riding with your head down, you're likely to fall into horse shit."

Joffrey glared at the imp next to him, "You shouldn't speak to me like that. Mother can hear you."

Tyrion merely raised a challenging eyebrow and rode ahead. Everyone knew that Tyrion Lannister feared no one, or so he behaved.

"Winterfell ahead!" A guard in the front had shouted to notify the King and his Family.

Meanwhile in Winterfell, people were scurrying about in order to make everything and everyone presentable to his majesty. Ned Stark stood next to wife, with their youngest cradled between them. Next to him stood Robb, dressed in black with a stone cold expression painted on his face. It made his auburn hair stand out more. Behind him stood Theon Greyjoy and his half brother, Jon Snow. Next to him was Sansa. Her auburn hair pulled back nicely, shining against her ice blue coat. Maisie was between her sisters, or was supposed to be as Arya was missing.

Maisie's flaming curls swished across her head as she looked for Arya's dark oak head of hair. She turned to her worried mother and shook her head. She couldn't see her. Little Bran tried to help look as well, but he was too small to see over anyone.

As if summoned, Arya came running past a group of people and into her place between Maisie and Bran. Maisie chuckled lightly to herself and removed the helmet from her head, "Chasing the Blacksmith's boy again?"

Arya just grinned at her.

The Bolton House stood behind Ned and his wife. Ramsay kept taking glances at the Stark girls, mostly watching Maisie interact with them. She, apparently, was tasked with keeping the peace between her sisters.

"Ramsay," Roose's voice snapped his son out of his daze, "mind your manners here. Do not do anything that would risk this marriage."

Ramsay smirked at his father, "I will have the Stark girl wrapped around my finger by the end of the week."

Robb turned back just enough to glare at the Bolton bastard behind him. His sister was not a trophy to be won.

Theron snorted from beside him. "Aye, good luck with that, Bastard. Little Maisie has wolf blood in her veins."

Ramsay's brow scrunched in confusion. All he and his father heard was that the wild one among the Stark children was the youngest girl, Arya. "She is a meek as a lamb. There is no wolf in her. Lady Maisie is all Tully."

Theon, and Jon, snorted at the lad. "Then you are in for a surprise." The cracken mocked.

Trumpet sounds echoed through Winterfell as the Royal Family and the Kingsguard strode in on horses and carriage. All of Winterfell kneeled before King Robert. The oversized King removed himself from his horse and made his way to the kneeling Ned Stark.

Ned arose and held a stone face, greeting with a simple, "Your Grace."

"You've gotten fat," Robert replied, smirking at his friend. Ned merely looked him up and down before smirking in return. They fell into friendly laughter.