Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

SHE WANTED SEX.

Hunter knew it the moment he opened his hotel room door and found Devon standing on his doorstep.

It was a truth that had nothing to do with the lustful thought racing through her brain.

Rather, he saw it in the trembling of her full lips, the high colour in her cheeks, the tense set of her shoulders, the outline of her ripe nipples against the T-shirt that she wore. It was much more sprung than the oversized number she'd had on earlier and it emphasized the full shape of her breast and the narrow tuck of her waist. Her shorts revealed long, shapely legs accented by the pink cowboy boots she'd had on last night.

His groin tightened and his erection stirred.

Her scent---warm, sweet apples and decadent woman---teased his nostrils. Her soft breaths echoed in his ears.

She licked her full lips and he felt the moist stroke on the head of his dick. "I need to talk to you." Another swipe of her tongue on her trembling bottom lips and she added. "I've got a proposition for you."

She rubbed her lips together and he almost groaned out loud. "You feed off sex, right?" Before he could answer, she rushed on,"Which means you need to have sex like  i need a really good pizza every Friday night. Right?"

"I've never heard it compared to a double pepperoni with extra cheese, but yeah. Something like that. And this matters because?"

"I need sex, too. I mean. I don't need it. I want it." Her gaze met his and he saw the seductive thoughts that haunted her,"I can't stop thinking about last night. About us. About you."

Because of you.

That's what she wanted to think.

What she'd convinced herself of and while Hunter knew it wasn't the least bit true, he was going to point it out to her and put her on the defensive.

She was here and he wanted her to stay.

The hunger, he reminded himself. He hadn't fed and so he wasn't thinking clearly.

It wasn't her. Or the softness in her whiskey-coloured eyes when she looked at him or the warmth of her body so close to his own. And it sure as hell wasn't the methodical sound of her breath that echoed in his head. Or the steady beat of her heart that sped up every time her gaze collide with his. Or the simple knowledge that someone was there and for the first time in his after life he didn't feel so painfully alone.

The thought struck and he stiffened. Since when did he give a rat's ass about being alone? he liked it. No one to worry over. To disappoint. It's who he was, who he would always be.

"You want to have sex with me," he stated, suddenly desperate to hurry the encounter along. She would proposition him. He would say no. The end. "That's it, right? That's why you're here?"

"Not just any old sex. I want to have sex behind the bleachers at the football stadium. The gazebo in the town square. The history section of the library. The feed store. And a few others.See, there's the list."

"Restroom Randy's Hottest Sex Spots." he cut in."I know."

"But how---" she started, the words stalling as she shook her head. "Duh. You're a vampire. You know everything about me."

"I know what you're thinking at the moment you're thinking it.But only if i stare into your eyes."

"So if i turn around?" She put her back to him."You can't read my mind?"

"I can feel what you feel, but i can't pick your brain."

"That's a relief."

"And why is that?"