Chapter 2

SCORPIUS'S POV

I ran up to catch up to Rose. "Uh, hey, Rose...?" I stuttered. Rose turned around sharply and looked at me. "What is it, Malfoy?" She snapped.

"Well, uh, I was wondering, uh, if, uh..."

"Get on with it!"

"Well... Rose... I really like you... um..."

Rose tapped her foot impatiently. "That's new," she huffed sarcastically. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me?" 

Rose thought for a moment. "No." She replied briskly, turning around and sauntering away. I ducked my head as Albus caught up to me. "Did you get her?"

"No." I deadpanned. I looked up at Albus. He gave me a solemn look. "Maybe you should try someone else now... Rose doesn't-" He gulped, "like you."

"I think I know that now." I huffed sadly. Albus put his arm around me. "There are always different options..." He whispered comfortingly.

An image of Y/N popped into my head, but I pushed it away. I shook my head. "Let's get to class."

***

YOUR POV

It was a peaceful Monday morning, and the birds fluttered over Hogwarts, soaring through the blue sky. 

I bunched up my shoulders beside Helen and Emma. We arrived at the greenhouse. Professor Longbottom stood at the entrance. 

He greeted us with a warm smile. 

"Today we will be learning about Gillyweed," he announced, opening the door to the greenhouse and stepping in.

Professor Longbottom had a tray with some weird-looking green plants in it. 

"This is Gillyweed," he said, holding up one. "It is found Mediterranean Sea. Hogwarts has a a store of it in our Herbology Greenhouses." 

He continued. "Gillyweed is said to resemble a bundle of slimy, grey-green rat tails."

Green. The colour of Slytherin. Scorpius. My mind made the connection almost instantly. I blinked as Professor Longbottom kept on talking. 

"When Gillyweed is eaten by a witch or wizard, one grows gills and webbing between the fingers and toes, allowing them to process from and navigate underwater more easily," he put down the Gillyweed and clasped his hands together as he talked.

"There is some debate among as to the duration of the effects of Gillyweed in fresh water versus salt water, but the effects of Gillyweed in fresh water seem to last about an hour."

I took notes, like all my classmates, as he was talking, but my mind kept on traveling to Scorpius. Like how cute he is when he's shy. I blushed, ducking my head. 

Emma nudged me. "Who you thinking of?" She paused. "Ooh, Scorpius," she smirked. I smacked her arm. Professor Longbottom cleared his throat. "Ms L/N, is there a problem?" 

"No, sir."

"Good." 

I kept writing, hoping Emma would keep her mouth closed. Thankfully, she did for the rest of class.

***

"I've always thought Malfoy would get rejected by Rose," Helen commented. Stop calling him Malfoy! He has a name! I screamed in my head. 

The news had spread like wildfire. It was sort of the only interesting thing that had happened these few days. 

Scorpius had asked Rose out for the fifth time, and she had rejected him like usual. I felt a stab of pity. And... triumph? Triumph of what? That Rose had rejected Scorpius?

So Scorpius would be... mine? I blushed instantly. 

"Oh, your thinking about him again." Helen commented. "To be fair, he is sorta cute," Emma shrugged.

We sat down on Emma's bed in silence. "I never knew Gillyweed lasted an hour," Helen commented, going through her notes. 

"Yeah. I thought it was half an hour!"

"Close enough!" Helen laughed. I did not participate in the conversation. Instead, I thought about Scorpius. 

Or rather, daydreamed about Scorpius.

-----------

Credit goes to the website: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Gillyweed for the information about Gillyweed! 

As I mentioned, I am a noob.

So I needed all the help I could get.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

~_HerMajestybooks