Chapter 5

"Hey Scorp, where are we-"

"He's insane! Absolutely insane!" Scorpius panted, dragging my hand roughly. "Bloody hell, Scorpius, tell me where we're going!" I demanded, pulling my hand away and frowning. Scorpius's gaze hardened. "Jori's insane. He's set fire to the library. We have to tell someone!" He began running again.

"Why can't you put it out with aguamenti?" I called. His answer made me freeze. "He was using fiendfyre!"

I was suddenly snapped out of my trance when Scorpius sent the spell I just said at my face, and I coughed, water now dripping down my hair. He was down the hallway headed to Mcgonagall's office.

I followed, drying my hair easily with a flick of my wand. "Why is Jori acting like this?" I called, catching up to him. "Because, well, I don't know!" Scorpius was and sounded extremely distressed. Before we knew it, we were in front of the statues of Headmistress's office.

"We need to see Mcgonagall!" Scorpius yelled, but the statue shook its head. "Password," came a low ugly voice. Scorpius spat in frustration. I grabbed his arm, about to say something when Mcgonagall approached us looking very angry.

"I have no time for this! Unless you can explain the fiendfyre in the library!" She spluttered, ignoring stony shock that passed onto the statue's face. "Vineroot," she muttered rapidly, and the doors were about to close when I yelled, "Wait!"

Mcgonagall stepped out again. "Yes, Miss L/N?"

"We can explain the fire," said Scorp rapidly. Professor Mcgonagall looked genuinely disappointed now. "Mr Malfoy, I did not expect someone like you to decide to set a fiendfyre to anywhere, out of all, a library! What were you-"

"It wasn't him, or me," I added quickly from the look at her face. "It was Jori, and it seems he's gone insane. We don't know anything, but I think we should evacuate the school." I said firmly.

Now the professor looked sort of confused. "Even if it was him, you are right, Miss L/N, I shall, or maybe, could you please alert the prefects to escort their houses to the gates, where they will stand in a neat line and wait. I will warn a few Professors who will accompany you."

Mcgonagall began to walk away when I stopped her. "Wait, Professor, I think Jori might have something to do with me, I have no idea, but I have a feeling. I think I should go find him."

Professor Mcgonagall peered at me. "Why would this have anything to do with you?"

"Well, I have a guess. And my guesses are usually right."

Mcgonagall was, then, strongly reminded of Dumbledore. It was like a younger female version, more wiser, more intelligent at the age she was...

"Go." Said Mcgonagall, to both Scorp's and my surprise. "Scorp, you go tell the prefects, I'll be back soon with Jori," I promised. He began to protest but I silenced him with a kiss, despite a teacher being in the moment.

"I love you," he whispered. "I love you too," I murmured, embracing him before running off.

I cast one last look at Scorpius and Professor Mcgonagall before sprinting towards the burning library.