Chapter 3

For the next few days, all my thoughts led to him.

Scorpius Malfoy.

I couldn't concentrate like a normal Ravenclaw would. I think Helen and Emma noticed it too. They helped me with homework. I am so thankful I have great friends.

Scorpius Malfoy. The boy that occupied my mind, day and night.

***

"Why did you want me to come here, Malfoy?" I snapped, putting my hands on my hips. He gave me a shy look that almost melted my heart.

We were in the library, at the very corner. Scorpius was sitting down in a chair, holding something behind his back. 

"Well... Y/N... I-I wanted to tell you... I really like you," he stuttered, taking from his back a bunch of slightly withered flowers. I recognised some. Some were white Hyacinths. Some were Roses. I took the bundle. 

"Hyacinth. It means beauty. And Rose. It means love." I said quietly. Scorpius smiled. "Because you are beautiful, and... I think you can guess why the rose is there."

I had no idea he felt like this for me. "I like you too, Mr. Scorpius Malfoy." I pronounced grandly. Scorpius blinked for a few seconds. "B-But... I'm so dopey... and geeky!"

"And I'm a geek too. Ravenclaw!" I laughed, taking a seat beside him. Scorpius blushed bright pink. 

"So, Mr. Malfoy," I smiled. "So, Ms L/N," Scorpius replied, leaning into me. Our faces where rather close.

I'm sure, that moment, I could guess his thoughts. Should I... this is awkward...?

Because I felt the exact same thing. 

And then, Scorpius Malfoy kissed me. Not hard, but like I was the most delicate thing in the world. And I kissed him back. 

It was then I noticed a figure. I turned my head around sharply, breaking the kiss. "Jori Somerville," the boy said, walking forward and shaking my hand. I took it, pursing my lips in irritation. 

Scorpius looked at his hands, which were placed in front of him on the table. He was obviously trying to avoid my eyes.  

"I am Scorpius's friend. Eh, Malfoy?" He laughed, elbowing Scorpius. Malfoy jerked his head up. "Yeah. He was helping me with..."

"Relationship problems," Jori answered. He brushed his brown hair out of his eyes in one swift motion.

We didn't speak for a while. Jori broke the silence. "So... are you two, like, a thing?" 

We looked at Jori. Then looked into each other's eyes. Scorpius spoke. "I mean... if you want to..."

I turned from Scorpius to Jori. "Yes. We're a couple." I met Malfoy's delighted gaze. "You look happy," Jori commented jokingly.

Scorpius didn't answer. Just stood up, handed me the flowers and skipped away. "Bye Y/N!" He called. "Bye Scorpius!" I called back.

Jori smirked. "Wow, aren't you two something special." He commented. He then waved his hand and started to walk to the exit of the library. "Bye!"

"Bye!" I replied.

I returned back to the Ravenclaw dormitory, too. And forgot that I was holding flowers.

Emma greeted me. "Where those from... Malfoy?"

"Scorpius." I corrected, smiling. "Ooh, someone dating their crush now?" Helen smirked, walking up and standing beside Emma. 

I pursed my lips, about to snap back. But I thought better than that. "In fact, yes," I replied, settling down onto my bed.

Emma giggled, Helen smiling warmly at me. I yawned. "I'm going to go to bed now," I told them, stretching my arms. 

I got changed and crawled into my bed. 

But I couldn't fall asleep.

My thoughts drifted from Scorpius to Jori. The tan, brown-haired Slytherin boy with cute, dark blue eyes.

Cute? No. I was dating Scorpius Malfoy, and only Scorpius Malfoy.

And that was how I fell asleep.