Caskett: Touchdown Kiss, Chapter 25

AN:/ Hey guys! Really sorry for not updating sooner! 

......................................................................................

The next day Kate woke up with an extra spring in her step. 

As she walked out of her bedroom she felt the heat of the sunlight hit her body, causing her ring to sparkle. She felt herself smile knowingly.

 "Hey girl, what's got you so happy?" Lanie questioned, seeing her friend's cheshire smile. 

 "What if your friend say..I don't know, was engaged?" She murmured flinching when her friend let out a loud squeal. 

"Oh my gosh!" Lanie yelled engulfing Kate in a huge hug. 

"When did he propose?!" She asked, taking Kate's hand to inspect the ring. "Um..I kinda proposed first." 

"What?" She asked, confused. "I proposed first." Kate repeated, stronger this time. 

"Wow..I'm so proud of you girl." she smiled and Kate bit her lip.

 "What?" Lanie asked. "You don't seem excited now." She sighed and Lanie shook her head. 

"No girl i am! I'm just shocked." She chuckled and Kate took a deep breath. 

"Sorry." "No worries, now spill! How'd you do it?" She prompted.

 "Well..I went to his house and waited..you know after what happened with Jay." She told her and Lanie simply gave her a sympathetic smile. 

"And I went to his house and waited for him to return, when he got back I just.. I dunno something came over me and I just proposed." 

"Aww." Lanie squealed. "And of course he said yes." Lanie pointed out and Kate simply smiled.

 "It was perfect Lanie." Kate admitted with a dopey smile on her face. "Mmmhmm girl." Lanie winked earning an eye roll from her friend. 

"Listen I gotta get to class." Kate hurried, standing up and grabbing her backpack.

 "Go go." Lanie ushered, swatting at her friend. Kate ran down her stairs and started her car as fast as she could. 

"Come on." She muttered, contionously turning the key. When she got a low rumble from the engine she reversed and went into drive. 

"If I'm late again, I'm getting a new car, this thing is falling apart." She told herself, sighing. 

Seconds later a loud sound popped her thoughts, she realized she stopped. 

"You have got to be kidding me!" Kate yelled, stepping out of the car. 

Great her car had to break down in the middle of the street.