Grapes and Olives ch. 18

Chapter 18: BOOM!

"Gamzee! What did you do? Oh Equius! Are you ok?"

Nepeta was grabbing onto Equius helping him on is feet and when he gave her a little smile she hugged him relived he was ok.

"Nepeta I-"

            Before Gamzee could finish Nepeta turned around tears running down her cheeks and a hurt expression on her face.

"Why? Why did you hurt Equius? He is my best friend! Why would you hurt him!"

"I'm sorry! I don't know what happened! I just....I lost control.... I'm sorry, I'll leave and you don't have motherfuckin worry about me I won't bother you anymore ..... Goodbye Nepeta"

Gamzee headed to the door as quickly as he could, afraid to look back and see her crying. He opened the door, but before he could leave he felt a small hand grab the back of his shirt.

"No.... Don't go..I-i can't loose you. Both you and Equius are important to me. I know you and he have a problem with each other but maybe you can work it out? Please? I will forgive you both. I know he hurt you as well...I can see the cut on your lip and the swelling in your eye."

Equius came up from behind Nepeta but said nothing. Gamzee smiled sadly at Nepeta.

"Why? Why are you nice to me? Equius is right I'm not good for you to be around. I only ever cause problems...I hurt people. And I don't want to hurt you."

Before Nepeta could reply someone came out from behind the parked car on the street.

"Hey! Catch! Stupid cat bitch!"

Vriska throw something Nepeta didn't recognize at them. Equius pushed her out of the at and caught it. It was round like a ball but it was heavy and A strange ticking was coming from it. It took Gamzee a second to realize what it was.

"The motherfuckin bitch throw a bomb!"

Gamzee grabbed it from Equius and throw it back onto the street. He only cared about keeping Nepeta safe. To Gamzee whatever happened to Vriska was her fault.

Vriska ran to pick up the bomb. Gamzee ran forward hoping to stop her from throwing it again. She lifted up her arm about to throw it, Gamzee was almost a foot away and Eridan ran out from behind the car.

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!

The explosion was loud. It left a ringing in Nepeta's ear, but all she could think about was Gamzee.

"Gamzee!!!!! Gamzee!!!!!"

Forgetting about her back she ran. The smoke was surprisingly thick she hardly saw anything but she kept shouting and searching.

"Gamzee!!!! Please answer me! Gamzee!!!"

Something grabbed Nepeta's leg. A hand. For a moment she was relieved thinking it was Gamzee but was quickly disappointed to see Eridan gripping the hem of her jeans.

"Ne-peta h-help"

With a sigh Nepeta helped Eridan up and out of the smoke. Equius seeing Nepeta with Eridan ran to help.

"Nepeta you should stay here it's safer, I'll look for Gamzee"

             After helping lay Eridan down on the grass Equius ran into the smoke. He had a hard time seeing, and it was difficult to breath but he knew how much Nepeta cared for Gamzee.

Nepeta I'm sorry for earlier, I'll find Gamzee for you I promise. Just please don't come back in here you have to stay safe.

             As Equius slowly looked around he saw what looked like blood splattered on the pavement. His heart started beating fast.

No it can't be he has to be alive I don't want Nepeta to cry he has to be alive for her. Gamzee you better be alive Nepeta needs you. She loves you.