Grapes and Olives ch. 4

Chapter 4 : Realization? 

                            Nepeta sat silently in her seat trying to ignore the shocked looks she was receiving. When everyone started whispering among themselves she put her head down to hide the flush of red that began consuming her cheeks.

                              what just happened?.....why is my heart beating so fast?.....no i can't like Gamzee....my heart belongs to karkitty.....

                            The bell rang and everyone who was hanging around outside came rushing into the classroom to make sure they don't get marked absent by the teacher. Karkat was the last to come in, and after walking Terezi to her class he was once more the crabby, irritable guy he usually was. 

                             He walked over to his seat, 2 rows in front of Nepeta, oblivious to the look of longing he was receiving from the cat girl. The teacher came in, forcing her to pull her attention from Karkat and perform her daily task of passing out the work from the day before. When she got to Karkat she blushed slighlt and gave him a small smile, he only took the paper and mumbled something harsh under his breath. 

                        Disappointed Nepeta continued passing out papers. When she got to her friend Kanaya she smiled again and gave her, her work. Kanaya returned the smile and handed Nepeta an envelope. Confused she took it and put it underneath the stack where she knew her paper would be.

                                  Once done she sat back in her seat and pulled out the letter Kanaya handed her.

                   Nepeta I Have Heard Whispers That You Where Hanging Out With Gamzee Makara. Now I Am Sure I Have No Need To Remind You Of How Dangerous He Can Be. Or What Would Happen If Equius Found Out. I Am Just Simply Concerned With Your Well Being, As You Are One Of My Closest Friends. 

                       And If It Is Possible I Would Like To Speak With You Further After Class.

                 Thank You, Now Please Pay Attention In Class Today, Do Not Stare At Karkat The Whole Time.

                                                                                                                          -Kanaya Maryam 

                                                               Nepeta sighed lightly and folded up the paper. She pulled out her notebook and began taking notes, trying to keep herself from looking at Karkat, who at the moment seemed to be dozing off. 

                                                     Oh gog no come on no focus you need to pay attention. You don't want Kanaya to tell Equius.....mmmm I don't get why they don't like Gamzee he sems like a nice guy, strange but nice.   

                                    Without realizing it she began blushing, lightly at first  but it became darker as she remembered the way he smiled at her, and when he picked her up and carried her into class.

                                        She snapped back into reality when the bell rang, signaling for them to go to there next class. Nepeta put her things back in her bag and walked over to Kanaya.