The Time of Angels

Back here already! One week of school, and my brain is already getting fried by calculus . . . *sigh* Wonderful senior year.

*coughs* Anyway, on to the Byzantium! Amy gets her planet, the Angels get a shipwreck, and what's the deal with River Song?

Enjoy "The Time of Angels!"

***

"Wrong. Wrong. Bit right, mostly wrong."

"Still love museums, then," Rose snickered as she watched the Apocalypse go around talking about exhibits.

"Love them," the Apocalypse grinned.

"Yeah, great," Amy folded her arms. "Can we go to a planet now? Big spaceship? Churchill's bunker? You promised me a planet next."

"Amy, this isn't any old asteroid," the Apocalypse grinned. "It's the Delerium Archive, the final resting place of the Headless Monks. The biggest museum ever."

"You've got a time machine. What do you need museums for?"

"Wrong," the Apocalypse kept pointing. "Very wrong. Ooo, one of mine. Also one of mine."

"She likes keeping score," Rose laughed.

The Apocalypse suddenly stopped as she nearly went past a square box, and she quickly came back to look. "What's that?" Jenny asked, coming over to look.

"An old box," Amy deadpanned.

"It's from one of the old starliners," the Apocalypse said. "A Home Box."

"What's a Home Box?"

"It's like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home with all the flight data."

"So?"

"The graffiti looks familiar," Rose squinted at it.

"It's Old High Gallifreyan, the lost language of the Time Lords," the Apocalypse nodded, leaning on the case. "There were days. There were many days. These words could burn stars and raise up empires and topple gods."

"What does it say?" Amy asked.

The Apocalypse looked down at it, then groaned and put her head in her arms. "Oh, it can't be that bad," Jenny huffed.

"It's a Home Box in a museum," Rose reminded her. "Caly? What does it say?"

"Hello, sweetie," the Apocalypse mumbled.

***

"Why are we doing this?" Amy shouted as they closed the TARDIS doors on the museum guards.

"Because someone on a spaceship twelve thousand years ago is trying to attract my attention!" the Apocalypse answered, setting the Home Box they had stolen on the TARDIS console and working on the playback. "Let's see if we can get the security playback working." When they did, it showed a woman with very curly hair winking at the camera. "It would be her," the Apocalypse groaned.

"You know her?" Rose asked, surprised.

"Well, last time we met, she knew me quite well, and she - " She coughed. "Well. She made an interesting impression."

"The party's over, Doctor Song," a security guard said as they backed River up in a corridor. "Yet you're still onboard."

"Sorry, Alistair," River Song said sweetly. "I needed to see what was in your vault. Do you all know what's down there? Any of you? Because I'll tell you something. This ship won't reach its destination."