The Hungry Earth

Pro: saving people is fun!

Con: then it gets really difficult figuring out how to work saved people in.

Basically, I made a few changes. Enjoy!

***

"Behold . . . " The Apocalypse jumped out of the TARDIS, arms wide. "Rio!"

Except it was nothing like advertised. "Nah," Amy frowned as she looked around.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory agreed.

"Nice job, Caly," Rose snickered as her sister pouted.

"No?" the Apocalypse looked around. "Ooo . . . " She jumped up and down. "Feel that, though. What's that? Ground feels strange." She looked around, but everyone just looked blankly at her. "Just me. Wait . . . " She looked around again, frowning. "That's weird . . . "

"What's weird?" Jenny looked around.

"Apocalypse, stop trying to distract us," Amy folded her arms as the Apocalypse inspected the ground. "We're in the wrong place. Apocalypse, it's freezing, and I dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here."

"And Gwen and Ianto are having an affair behind Rhys and Jack's backs, and Tosh and Owen were in on it," Rose said casually as the Apocalypse kept inspecting.

"They are?!" Jenny's eyes widened.

But the Apocalypse just kept on investigating. "She's not listening," Rose told Amy.

"So they're not having an affair?" Jenny asked.

"Definitely not," Rose assured her.

"Blue grass," the Apocalypse popped up, holding some of the grass in her hand. "Patches of it all around the graveyard. So . . . Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future. Wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot."

"Those people are waving at us," Jenny pointed.

Everyone turned to see two people waving, and the Apocalypse frowned. "Can't be."

Rory started to wave back, but Amy smacked his arm aside. "Don't," she said.

The Apocalypse pulled a pair of binoculars from her jacket and took a look. "It is," she said in surprise, lowering the binoculars. "It's you two."

"No, we're here," Rory shook his head. "How can we be up there?"

Rose raised an eyebrow. "Did the comment 'ten years in your future' just pass you by?"

"Probably come to relive past glories," the Apocalypse nodded. "Humans. You're so nostalgic."

"We're still together in ten years?" Amy asked, impressed.

"No need to sound so surprised," Rory snorted.

"Hey, let's go and talk to them!" Amy grinned. "We can say hi to future us! How cool is that?"

"No," was all Rose said, shaking her head.

"Best not," the Apocalypse agreed. "Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and - oh, look!" Rose put her face in her hands as the Apocalypse was quickly distracted again. "Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing! See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing."

"We're not going to go have a look, are we?" Amy mumbled to Rose.

Rose just counted down on her fingers, in time for the Apocalypse to grin and say, "Let's go and have a look!" Amy and Rory both groaned, even as Jenny skipped to her mother's side. "Come on, you two, let's see what they're doing!"