52

The next day

-Luna- •6 more days•

As I sat in the bus, I looked at my phone waiting for the good morning message Tyler and Josh said they were gonna send me. A few minute later, I was surprised as I felt the vibration in my hand.

Tyler: good morning sunshine :)

I smiled and quickly sent a reply.

Luna: good morning loser :)

Tyler: not nice ;-;

Luna: where's Josh?

Tyler: he's in the shower

Luna: oh okay

Luna: I'm going to school. In fact, I'm almost there

Luna: I don't know if I'm going to survive. There are already rumours about Danielle's suicide going on in the bus.

Tyler: you'll be okay

Luna: what if it gets too much?

Tyler: then excuse yourself from your class and go to the washroom or something and talk to me

Luna: I'm at school now. I'll text you later 😙

Tyler: okay bye 😊

I exited the bus with everyone else. I trudged up the stairs to my locker, hoping for this day to go by quickly. I shoved my book bag in the small, enclosed, space. I headed to the gym, which surprisingly, I was the only one there except for the gym teacher, Mr. Boudreau.

"Why hello, Luna! What brings you here.." He paused to check his watch. "10 minutes before class?"

"I just wanted to do some warm-ups." I lied. I knew that he checks in at the main office for a few minutes, which left me here for those few minutes, having some privacy. I walked into the girl's change room. I was not shocked when I already saw 5 other girls in here. They're always here early. They all looked at me and I tried swallowing the lump in my throat.

"This is our locker room. The other one is down the hall." A girl that I never learned the name to, spoke.

"The other one is the boys locker room.." I was quite confused.

"Exactly. Now excuse me, but please go now." The other one spoke. I ignored them and headed to a change stall that was further away from them. Before I could walk away, one grabbed my hand and pushed me up against the wall.

"Where do you think you're going? You think that little friend Danielle will save you now?" My heart dropped to my stomach. They knew about it. "Well she's dead. She's gone forever."

"Please, stop. I never did anything to you!" They ignored me and shoved me on the ground.

"Go to your little changing stall and don't move." They closed the door and I locked it. I sat on the floor and cried. This happens all the time. Danielle always helped me, but this time there was no one. I took my phone out of my pockets and texted Tyler.

Luna: school hasn't even officially started and I already can't take it

Tyler: what happened?

Luna: I was going to change in my gym clothes and these girls say the change room is down the hall but it was for the boys. I ignored them but one pushed me up against the wall and said some things I can't remember, then shoved me on the ground. Now I'm in one of the changing stalls and they told me not to move

Tyler: can you tell someone?

Luna: use your logic Tyler, who am I going to tell if I'm stuck in a changing stall. It's also just too embarrassing. I can't tell anyone

Tyler: try running quickly out of the stall and back to the gym.

Luna: that's not gonna work

Tyler: you never know

I decided to try running out. They were talking pretty loudly so they didn't hear me unlock the door. I made sure they weren't looking my direction, and quickly tried running out. Sadly, the door was creaking pretty loudly. I turned around to see one girl looking at me.

"Didn't I tell you not to move?" I nodded slowly and opened the door wider for me to exit before someone could say anything else. Well that happened.

Luna: didn't work exactly the way I thought it would but it worked

Tyler: that's good 👍🏻

Luna: I'm still not telling anyone

Luna: wait what am I going to do with the extra concert ticket..

Tyler: you'll find someone to give it to.

Luna: okay I gotta go now, class is starting.

Tyler: bye 😊

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and Mr. Boudreau started explaining the instructions for our class.

Gym soon ended and it was time for math class. I headed back to my locker and grabbed my binder. Math was not so bad because my teacher, Ms. Frende, pronounced Fren-day, was the best teacher you could ask for. Sometimes it got boring though. We were learning about something related to decimals.

Soon after one more class of Science, it was lunch time. I could hear what every table was talking about because it was about one thing only. Danielle's successful suicide. Every word each table said caused more tears to form in my eyes. I ended up sobbing in the lunch room but no one noticed. I then heard someone pull up a chair near me.

"Hi, what's wrong?"

"Danielle is what's wrong! She was my friend. She's gone now!" I cried.

"Oh, I'm Josh."

"That's weird, I know a famous Josh."

"Wait, is he from Twenty One Pilots?"

"Yeah, I'm going to see him in concert. Would you like to come with me? I have an extra ticket. It was for Danielle but.." After that sentence I was a crying mess again.

"It's okay to cry.."

"I don't think it's okay for me to cry in front of hundreds of teens." I weakly speak.

"Would you like to go somewhere private?" Josh softly asked.

"Yeah," I got up from my seat, putting away my untouched lunch. We headed outside to the basketball court.

"I'm Luna by the way.."

"What a pretty name for such a perfect girl." I blushed after that sentence. I looked Josh in the eyes but then quickly looked away.

This was not normal.

ABORT MISSION THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

I CANNOT TRUST BOYS.

WHY AM I DOING THIS?

All of a sudden, I ran back to the school, but hid behind the garbage bin. Why did I do this? Why did I run. I heard Josh calling for my name. My breathing steadied after a few minutes. I heard Josh closer to me, so I just got up, running back to Josh.

"I'm sorry, I, I don't know why I did that.."

"It's okay, I used to be the same."

We sat on a bench and I rested my head on his shoulder while making small talk.

"We have so much in common."

"I guess likes attract."

What do you think of new Josh???

bye..