Color Is Found

I walked to school trying to figure out the meaning to it all. My father gave me some journal he had. And a stone that was different! This was crazy to me but I was chased out of my thoughts when the teacher walked in. The class was a modern look with a chalk board, wooden desks, and one large desk for the teacher though everything was defined and organized in straight lines.

The teacher, like everyone else, had one stack of paper with a pen and a glass of water. The teacher had her usual tight bun and it was so tight I always thought the teacher had a face lift. Her eyes were stone cold hard. And she was thin but seemed like she could kill you on the spot if you crossed her. "Class today you'll be learning about the history of the disease and how it was made."

All of the sudden I could feel myself getting worked up. My heart beating fast, my eyes anxious and my palms sweaty. I tried so hard to stop sweating cause if I did the paint would smear off. Though I tried to pay attention.

My ears on the teacher but my eyes darting around the class.

"The history of The Disease happens around a few decades ago. You see the disease happened to start right here in our town by a man named Sean. He had color everywhere all over his body. Luckily our court knew exactly what to do and the people were safe. Or so the thought. This disease is genetical. So we started building facilities to keep them there." The teacher said with a stern and bitter voice.

I Looked around and saw people whispering to one another until all of the sudden my eyes landed on a girl that looked exactly like Zora. The girl looked at me and winked. I looked at her but heard a voice inside her head that sounded like Zora's. 'Don't worry' it whispered. 'I know your secret'

Before I knew it I was sweating hard. I raised my hand shakily. "Mrs. Blake may I please go to the nurse's office?" I asked with a shaky breath.
"Go ahead Ms. Hefley" the teacher said in a bored tone. I got up grabbing my bag wiping my temple but sweat wasn't the only thing that I wiped.
"She has color!" Someone yelled.
"Maybelle has the disease!" Yelled somebody else.

I looked down at my hand and saw that I had a chunk of paint that was on my temple. I didn't know what to do except run. Run as fast as I could down the hall hearing the alarms blast. The alarms of a Diseaser walking around. I was close to the door until I felt strong hard hands grab my straightened hair pulling it to them as they grabbed my arms.

They were two men in hazmat suits holding my arms with rubbery gloves. I screamed and jerked and yank but nothing. Nothing I could do will get me out of this mess.

To the corner of my eye as I was walked out I could see my class staring at me and the one girl that seemed different. I had a strong urge to run to the woman feeling like I would be comforted but also having a feeling I'll see the lady again as I was thrown into a steal crate on a car knocking me out. Soon I would be brought to where the Diseased are put. In the facility.

Hey guys! I know not a lot of people will see this since it's my first book but those who have seen this thank you so much! It means a lot when I see someone reading this but anyway I'll have the next part up soon!