Why are we really here?

It had been a week since I came to the horrid facility. My routine was absolutely boring. Wake up at 8, have breakfast. When it was my first day here they had brought me eggs.... Yeah.... Bad choice. I decided if I was going to stay here I might as well get mad and show emotion. I grabbed the eggs and slammed it on the camera in my room that I found that morning. I destroyed it to pieces with the plate it came in.

"Don't you dare give me those damn eggs!" I yelled at whoever was there.

The next day they brought in a new camera and some toast for me. After breakfast they brought me to therapy. I didn't understand why I was brought into therapy but I didn't exactly care. This was her conversation with her therapist the first day

Therapist: hello Maybelle
Me: shut up
Therapist: you must wonder why you're here
Me: you damn right I am
Therapist: well the reason is so that way we can treat you from this disease and possibly find a cure for it and help you
Me: I don't want to be cured. There's no reason for me to be cured. It isn't a disease I know that. It's something that everyone is afraid of because it's different. Because I'm different. So I know what the cure is and that's to just accept that some people are different.
Therapist:....... Ok uh let's start off with the basics. How are you feeling
Me: bored. Can I go now?

After that is the lounge where people can hang around each other so we don't go crazy by not talking to people. I met a guy there. His name is Caleb and apparently we used to live near each other. Well, when we still lived with society. And today I wake up at exactly 8.... As usual. I look around my hair messy but I didn't care. I walked over to my plate of toast and my stirfome cup of water.

"Mm delicious" I mutter sarcastically as I took a nibble of the stale toast.

After I finished that "hardy breakfast" up, they took me to the showers and shut the door as I undressed. I started taking a shower that filled my body with warmth.

Showers I found out is where I could think better. The pitter patter of water falling to the cool tiles soothed my ears. The warm water helped calm my tense brain.

The smell of lavender soap helped me think about good and comforting thoughts along with come up with a couple of crazy ones like a great painting that is colorful, or a family gathering together under a night sky and with one table having a different foods and a warm glow.

The thought of this coated me with a warm fuzzy feeling that stuck with me when for a while. I loved them. I loved showers.

I wanted to just stay there for the rest of my life. To escape the reality of being trapped. To think of something other than this prison. After my long shower I slipped on a white tank top and white leggings so that way I couldn't hide any weapons under my clothes (crazy I know).

Before I knew it after getting dressed guards surrounded me and took me to the common room where I could talk to other people. I sit down in one of the chairs resting my head before feeling a soft tap on my shoulder.

"Hey" says a familiar voice. Before I knew it I was staring right at Caleb face to face.

"Why are we here?" Is all I say before resting my head back on the table. This was the kind of our thing when we hung out though I still pondered on this question.

"Well we're diseased what would you expect?" Caleb asked with a chuckle.

"But it doesn't feel like a disease" I murmur quietly playing with one of my curls.

"Well it isn't how we feel it's about what the majority of this world feels. If it were based on how we felt it would definitely be different" Caleb said as if he felt sorry for me. Sadly he had a point. If we could decide the world would definitely be different.

"I just want to go home" I finally murmur but know that isn't the complete truth. In fact we all know that and still say that even though we think the same way.

I just want to be free

Freedom. Something that is the biggest dream of all. And least likely to happen to us.

"Maybelle Heftly?" A guard calls out.

My head perks up at the sound of my name being spoken. "Yes?" I ask with slight hope they'll let me go.

"Your therapist is waiting" they simply say. Well there goes my sliver of hope. I say bye to Caleb and walk to the guards as they take me to my therapist except when I sit down and get a good look at my therapist she wasn't my usual therapist. This was the woman at the court and in my class.

Zora

A/N
______________________
Bum bum buuuum!
Sorry for not posting in a while. I've been super busy with school and everything. But hey at least I posted. The next one will be up..... Whenever I feel like it. Anyways happy Holloween and I'll see you soon.
Make sure to vote or comment on this also! I need to know if this book is actually interesting to you guys!❤️