Comfort and Adoption?

Harry's POV

I stood there in shock after looking at the note from Charlie's mother.

"Hey Charlie? How would you like to wait here with Dr. Louis. He'll play with you" I tell her. She nods and I leave her in the waiting room with Louis as he plays with her. I go back to my office and grab my phone. Louis and I have wanted to adopt a child for a while now and Charlie is just the precious thing. 

"Hi. I'd like to talk to the adoption agency" I tell the teller.

"Yes? Hi"

"I would like to adopt a child if you could tell me the process. She was abandoned just now at the doctors office" I tell the woman

"So you'll need to hire a lawyer and they will figure out that stuff for you" She tells me.

"Okay thank you for your time. Bye" I am so nervous. Like, am I ready to adopt a child? Well, it will be 2 people raising her. I go out to the waiting room and see Charlie and Louis laughing but suddenly Charlie goes in a coughing fit. Louis pics her up and pats her on the back. I run over to them and pick her up.

"Its fine. You're okay. Just breathe" I comfort her and rub her back. Her face turns red and she can't breathe at all. 

"Get an inhaler and meet me in my exam room" I tell Louis and take her to my room.

"Its fine. Shh baby you're alright" I tell her and walk around the room with her. Louis comes in running with the inhaler and I immediately put it in her mouth. 

"Open your mouth love" She does and I put it in. 

"Now breathe" Just before she does, I push down and she breathes in the medication. 

"Again" We dot it 2 times until shes fine and starts to breathe. 

"I'm just going to listen to your chest like before and you are going to just calm down and relax for me" I tell her softly and pick up my stethoscope. I put it to chest and listen. Her lungs sound a little congested. I think shes coming down with a cold but I can't give her any medication right now. 

"Okay, you're good for now. Hopefully that wont happen again" I pick her up and hug her.

"Wheres my mommy?" She asks.

umm uh oh. Louis and I exchange looks and suddenly my phone rings.

"Hello" I answer

"Hi, I understand you are trying to adopt Charlie. Am I correct?"

"Yes. But how?"

"Her mother called and she wants her doctor to take custody so congratulations Mr. Styles" She tells me. 

"Oh wow thank you" I tell her and disconnect the line. 

"Well, Charlie, love you are going to live with me from now on" I tell her.

"Why??" She starts crying.

"Oh well, your mommy had to go so she told me to take care of you" I rub her back and rock her.

"Okay" She says a little scared and Louis just stands there.

"I didn't get custody?" He asks

"I'm Sorry Lou, but we can talk to my lawyer about that and you'll be her guardian pretty soon too" I comfort him.

"Mommy!!" Charlie screams and starts thrashing in my hold and wouldn't stop coughing!

"Mommy!" She kept screaming and Louis and I just looked at each other and then I touched her forehead. Her hair was pulled back and I saw.....

AN: Hey guys, so cliffhanger! I'm gonna update maybe tomorrow if my first day goes easy or in a few days but I really hope that I wont leave you hanging for long well because I'm so interested how I take this story. You guys should guess what happens to Charlie in the comments and we'll see who was right in the next update ;)