Cancerous or benign?

Harry's POV

Pacing down the hallway right outside her hospital room didn't help with my fear. What if it's cancer? What if it's really bad? Am I suppose to act like her father or her doctor right now? I really don't know what to do. In this little time since I have adopted her, I have fallen in love with my daughter. I don't care if she's not my blood, I love her like my own. 

"Dr. Styles we have the results" Dr. Hetan, the neurosurgeon said

"Oh God, um, just tell me" I say as I peek inside Charlie's room and see her sleeping soundly. 

"Well, the good news is that it's benign but the bad news is that it's very close to the part of her brain that controls her motor functions. It's a very risky surgery to perform but the tumor does need to be removed" Dr. Hetan informed me. Seriously?! She's only four, why does she have to go through this?

"We have no choice but to do the surg...?" I was interrupted by Charlie crying. I ran inside her room and saw her sobbing trying to take her I.V out as she threw her tantrum. 

"Out. Help please" She sobbed as she made grabby hands at me. I quickly picked her up in my lap making sure her I.V was still connected properly, and rocked her. 

"Shh sweetie. It's okay. What happened?" I whisper in her ear while rubbing her back and swaying her back and forth. 

"Go home!!! Now! Pretty please" She sobbed even more. 

"Oh sweetie. Shhh. We're gonna fix that bump and we'll go home in 3 days. Promise. Okay?" I wipe the tears off her cheek. 

"Mmhm. Sleep" She said closing her eyes, tired of crying. 

"You can sleep in my arms baby, shh. No more crying. You're too brave for that" I kiss her forehead and keep rocking her until she falls asleep. I tuck her in and then go talk to Dr. Hetan. 

"Can we do the surgery tomorrow?" I ask him wanting to take her home. 

"Yea, of course. I'll give you more details tomorrow" He says and hands me a bunch of papers to sign. 

"Great, we're all set for tomorrow. You'll have to prepare Charlie mentally about this tho. Of course, we'll try to help with this transition as much as we can" He mentioned and walked away. 

I go inside her room and make myself comfy on the couch closing my eyes and preparing myself for tomorrow. 

NEXT MORNING~~

"Up up up up" Someone sang while poking my cheek.

"Good morning silly monkey. Did you have good dreams?" I ask her. 

"no I didn't have any dreams at all!" She said shocked. 

"Cutie, it's okay. Don't get sad about it. In a little while you're going to sleep again and you can have nice dreams then okay?" I tell her

"Where am I going?" She asked a little scared. 

"Don't worry sweetie. The nice doctor will just fix that bump and then you're gonna go home soon!" I kiss her forehead. 

She starts breathing harshly and looks at me....

Hi guys, I know it's been such a long while since I've updated this book. The response I've received about this book has been amazing so I decided to update again and I really hope you guys will enjoy this update. I would love your feedback on how to continue this book so leave it down in the comments. Again, thank you so much and I hope you all had a very enjoyable Christmas!