Chapter Seven- Date Night

Randy's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to the sound of the hotel phone ringing. I groaned softly and answered it.

"Hello?" I said groggily into the phone.

"Mr. Orton, this is the front desk reminding you of your 6 am wake up call." The receptionist said. I totally forgot I told the front desk to give me a 6 am wake up call.

"Thank you so much." I responded and hung up. I sat up on the edge of the bed. Cherish has been on my mind all night long. I barely got any sleep, I just couldn't get her off my mind. Roman definitely isn't the right man for her anymore. I am, and I plan on showing her that, starting tonight. I stood up and stretched, walking into the bathroom to freshen up. I slipped on some workout clothes and grabbed my phone, room key, headphones, and walked out of the door. I took the elevator down to the lobby and walked out of the hotel. I put my headphones on and began my morning run as the sun slowly rose from the horizon.

After running for a good ten minutes, I decided to take a break. Drenched in sweat, I sat down on a nearby bench, catching my breath. I scanned the area, watching the other runners getting their morning run in as well. I soon laid my eyes on a familiar body from behind. I immediately realized who it was and a cheesy grin spread across my face.

She turned around and I found myself staring at her, taking in all of her. Even when she wasn't trying to look pretty, she looked amazing. She was drenched in sweat as well, making me bite my lip softly. Good thing she didn't notice me staring, or she'd definitely think I'm a creep. After staring for a good five minutes she noticed me, and a smile spread across her face. I smiled back and walked over to her.

Cherish's POV

I was in the middle of my daily morning run when I decided to take a break at the park. I stared out into the water, thinking of my current situation. That dream replayed over and over in my head all night. I sighed softly. I still love Roman, but it's obvious he doesn't love me anymore. I haven't heard from him since our encounter at the arena. I honestly don't know if I should move on, or wait for him to change.

Then there's Randy. He makes me feel so different, I can't even describe it. All I know is I've never felt like this with Roman. When I'm around him, I feel at peace. Just the thought of him makes me all warm inside. I smile softly, but then it faded thinking about Roman.

I don't think I can just leave him like that. There's still a small part of me that doesn't want to. He's my college sweetheart, the father of my child, my everything. I really hope he'll change. This isn't affecting just me, it's affecting Kaydence too. I definitely need to talk to her about everything. I sighed again and ran my fingers through my hair. I turned around and there he was, looking amazing. A smile spread across my face, making me forget all about Roman.

He smiled back and slowly walked over to me. He was drenched in sweat and I slowly looked him up and down, biting my lip softly. He soon stopped in front of me and a whiff of cologne and sweat intoxicated my nose. I looked up into his eyes, which were a darker blue and I found myself getting lost in them.

Randy's POV

She looked even better up close. I mentally sighed happily. I swear, this woman is gonna be the death of me. We stared at each other for a minute before I decided to break the silence.

"Good morning Cherish." I said, smiling softly. She smiled back, blushing softly.

"Good morning Randy." She responded. Even the way she said my name was beautiful. I could definitely get used to hearing that every morning.

"So, what's got you up this early?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to release some stress. What about you?" Cherish asked, looking up at me. I wonder why she couldn't sleep. I wonder if it's the same reason I couldn't sleep.