Chapter Nine- Secrets

Randy's POV

I felt my chest cave in as Roman kicked me once again, making me fall back to the ground. My vision was blurry and I found it hard to breathe. I heaved and coughed up blood, trying to claw my way to my feet, using Roman's leg. He shook his leg and my arm fell back to the ground. I look up at him and saw a maniacal grin spread across his face, his eyes black as the night we were surrounded by.

Roman was a completely different person, and he was finally pushed to the limit. I guess he couldn't handle the fact that him and Cherish will never be together again, and unfortunately, I was on the receiving end of his rage. He laughed evilly as I struggled to stand, the ground wet from the rain that poured down from the sky.

"Look at you Randy. Weak, beaten, broken, pathetic. This definitely isn't the man Cherish fell in love with. You know, as you were walking from the store, I thought to myself, maybe, just maybe Cherish will see the real you, and come running back to me. Then, I see this." He picked up the box which had the engagement ring I bought just 10 minutes earlier. His jaw clenched and closed his fist around the ring and let go seconds later. The ring was completely bent and it clattered against the ground.

"I completely lost it when I saw that ring. That's when it hit me, the fact that she'll never love me again. I followed you the whole time, from the time you left, up until you made your way down this alley. What a fatal mistake. Now, no one will hear your cries, your pleads, your begs as I beat you within an inch of your life. Even though I've pretty much done that already." He smirked down at me.

I was too weak to move. Everything hurt. I could hear my slowing heartbeat in my ears, and all I could think about was Cherish, and most importantly, our unborn child. I couldn't just give up on them like this. If I was going down, I wasn't going down without a fight. I slowly rose to my feet, staggering.

"Roman, why are you doing this? This won't solve anything. Think about Kaydence. What would she think if you were doing this to her fat-" Roman punched me square in the jaw, making me stumble. I held onto the wall next to me to keep from falling again.

"Don't you ever say that word pertaining to you and Kaydence! She is not your daughter!" He screamed.

"She might as well be. Ever since Cherish found out you got Layla pregnant, you disappeared out of her life. She still cries at night for you Roman. She misses you. She still loves you. Even in spite of what you did to Cherish." I said, seeing him soften up so I continued.

"You know, she was there, hiding in the room. She heard you and Cherish argue. She heard her mother scream when you put your hands on her. She heard and saw everything, Roman. Just stop this. Please." I begged. Roman's face softened completely and his body slacked. He dropped to his knees and broke down.

"W-What have I become? I've lost everything.. My wife, my daughter, my job, I-I have nothing." He cried and I suddenly felt sorry for him. I slowly walked over and bent down in front of him. I hugged him tightly as he cried into my chest.

"It's okay Roman. Now that you know you have a problem, you can start the steps to fix it. Starting by being there for your daughter." He nodded and sniffled. I was completely oblivious to the object he pulled out of his jacket.

"I'm so glad I was able to release all those emotions I had bottled up inside. But little do you know, after I do this, Cherish will finally be mine. Goodbye Randall." He growled and I felt a single gunshot to my head.

POW!

The sound of the gunshot in my dream jolted me awake. I was sweating and breathing heavily. I looked over and saw an empty space. I started to panic, but once I saw the bathroom door open and Cherish came out, I was calm again. She noticed something was wrong and climbed into bed, facing me.