Prologue

~Author's Note~

I didn't make up most of these characters. They belong to the amazing author: J.K. Rowling. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A dark-haired woman wearing an old gray and black striped dress was screaming in pain in a tiny cell in Azkaban. She was giving birth to a baby. The only people she had for company at the time was  Barty Crouch Jr., her cousin, Sirius Black, and her husband, Rodolphus Lestrange. Even though they weren't in the same cell, they were still being helpful by helping her get through the horrible pain. Sort of.....

Meanwhile, the woman was yelling at her husband, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU SON OF A-" she took a deep breath, "If the Dark Lord finds out about this, all of us are so dead, even you, Barty."

"It wasn't m-" Rodolphus stated.

Anger flew once again in Bellatrix. She shouted, "SAVE IT, WE'LL DISCUSS THIS LATER!"

"Bella, Rodolphus isn't the father, the Dark Lord is," whispered Barty Crouch Jr. in fear.

Bellatrix's mood changed. She was no longer angry. They had been saved!

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"I'm afraid so," answered Sirius.

"But how is it poss-"

Before she could finish her thought, she let out one last ear-piercing screech. The child had been born. A small girl came out crying.

Normally, Bellatrix wouldn't have wanted it, but since the girl has the blood of Voldemort, Bellatrix had never loved anything else more.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a dementor appeared. The apparition began to feed upon the girl's happiness and the baby continued to cry even louder. Bellatrix yelled and pulled the baby closer to her chest.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE THE HAPPINESS AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER, YOU STUPID, HORRIFYING-"

"Bella, it's a dementor-"

"SHUT UP, BARTY!"

"'Crucio!'" Bellatrix shouted at the dementor.

'How silly I must look?!', she thought realizing she didn't have her wand. The other prisoners were shaking their heads disapprovingly.

"'Cwuso!'" screamed a tiny, yet menacing voice that came from the bars of the cell. The dementor curled up on the floor.

Shocked, Bellatrix mumbled, "But how...?"

"Anything is possible with this child," replied Sirius.

"I wasn't talking to you."

She began to rock her baby back and forth.

One of the aurors came over to see what happened. When he saw the baby, his eyes widened.

"Get Dumbledore!" she demanded.

Afraid, the auror went to get Dumbledore. When he came over to see what was going on, his eyes widened in shock when he saw the baby. He couldn't believe it when he found out who the father was. This child is going to be a nightmare.

"Take her to Cissy!" demanded Bellatrix.

Dumbledore shook his head calmly.

"Why not?!" she asked in rage.

"She won't be safe," he replied, "I'll take her to Wool's Orphanage, she'll be safer there, especially since the Dark One will rise again. She'll also have to be in a different timeline, one that's safer for her. Let me say......2005."

Bellatrix didn't dare argue. Instead she took a deep breath once again before saying, "In that case, give them this." She gave him a piece of fabric that said:

My name is Larissa, but I prefer to be called Lyra.

Dumbledore nodded. Before taking the girl away from Bellatrix's arms, she kissed her in the forehead softly and began to tear up. She felt embarrassed to show weakness for a baby, but she knew she's not going to see her daughter for a while. Before Dumbledore took the baby and stalked to Wool's Orphanage. She asked, "What day is today?"

Dumbledore turned around and said, "December 5th 1984. 7:30 p.m." He turned around and disapparated.

"I can't wait to see how my daughter turns out to be," she said.

That night, a year later, when everyone else was asleep, Bellatrix made a small cake out of the dirt of the prison floor and trying not to cry over how much she missed her beautiful, sweet little girl, knowing that Lyra couldn't be with her to celebrate. Every year after that, she would do the same, adding one candle each year and whisper, "Happy birthday, Lyra! Mummy loves you very much!"