Chapter 12: Dumbledore's Army

I walked through the hallway for an open compartment. I spotted Fred, George and Lee Jordan. I ran to them to chat. The twins are my best friends after all. Lee and I are close, but not that much.

"'Sup losers!" I called.

"Hey Lyra!" said Fred, "how was your holiday?"

"Low-key," I replied.

I wanted to tell Fred and George about my parents, and my life, but I couldn't, so I had to lie.

"My friends and family were happy to see me. For Christmas, I got this." I showed them my Dark Mark phone case, spider earnings, and snake locket. "The rest is at home."

"Cool," said Lee.

We talked some more.

"I gotta see my other peoples, see you losers. Adiós," I said.

"Bye," chorused the trio.

I went to look for Malfoy when I passed Harry's compartment.

"Hey, how's life?" I asked.

"Good," he replied.

Ron and Hermione went to get something so I we talked about our holiday.

Ron and Hermione walked in. I overheard them talking about me.

"Should I tell her?" Harry whispered to Ron and Hermione.

"I think you should, what about you Ron, should we tell Lyra about the DA?"

"We should," replied Ron.

"Lyra, Hermione, Ron, and I made a secret club called Dumbledore's Army, DA for short. Would you like to join?"

"Sure, I'd love to! Where and when will we meet?" I asked.

"This Wednesday at the Room of Requirements," replied Hermione, "and be sure not to tell anybody, got it?"

"Got it,"

I went out to look for Malfoy, but couldn't find him, so, I went back to hang out with Fred, George, and Lee. I found the twins but not Lee.

"Where's Lee?" I asked.

"With someone else," replied Fred.

"Aww, your boyfriend broke up with you and started dating someone else," I teased.

"No, I meant he went to sit with his other friends," replied Fred.

"Suuuuure," I replied with a laugh.

I thought for awhile in silence.

'Should I or shouldn't I? They're my best friends, but I might lose their friendship. What will they think of me? Will they still like me? Or will they think I'm dangerous just like my parents? I'm going to tell them.'

I took a deep breath.

"I have something to tell you, but you can't tell anyone," I said cautiously.

"Okay!" chorused the twins as if it was easy to say.

"I found out I'm a half blood. My real parents are Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort, the darkest wizards. This has to be a secret so keep your mouths shut!"

The twins nodded in disbelief. To avoid making this ride more awkward than it already is, I said, "Do you want to see Voldemort love?"

"As if that's possible," replied George with a laugh.

"I'll bet you twenty galleons and a Chocolate Frog each if I show you Voldemort giving out some sort of love," I offered.

"Deal!" they replied.