Deep Beneath the Pacific (Pacific Rim)

This is a story about one girl's perspective of her experiences during the Kaiju War. How she grew stronger, how she endured, and how she had to learn to move on.

Those Kaiju weren't going to kill themselves. They were here to wreak havoc and to terminate.

It all started on K-Day: the day the Kaiju, Trespasser, emerged from the Breach and caused havoc in poor California, United States. So much death occurred that day - it scarred America and her citizens. Not just in America, but everyone was effected. Maybe not as drastically or at all for other countries, but it was a turning point in history. It was the first battle in the Kaiju War; one of the more destructive battles.

After three more very destructive Kaiju attacks, the world finally learned: this wasn't going to stop. We needed a new weapon.

Then the Jaeger Program was born: our highly advanced defensive weapon to counter the alien attacks.

The apocalypse had officially begun. The Kaiju had invaded. And we were ready for them... Though we barely knew what we were getting into at the time. There would be victory... but at a high price. Victory never comes without a painful sacrifice. The days of hardship and suffering had come.

And, it was only the beginning...

Juliana Whitehorse seems like an average girl at first - especially with her dark brown hair and coffee brown eyes. Nothing looks extraordinary about her. But if you look at the way her eyes are examining everything, calculating its weight, size, or even how it works, you'll know that she is, in fact, someone special... Someone with extreme talent to change the future.

Daughter of Marshal Dominick Whitehorse, you can only imagine what life was like for her. Growing up with her previously military father, she learned a lot - discipline, many languages, combat, and etc. And living in a Shatterdome had its advantages as well. Especially if one is a genius already. Being surrounded by Jaegers only fueled her knowledge and interest in the advanced engineering and programming of the giant robots. Due to the fact that Dr. Jasper Schoenfeld was good friends with her father, she even got special training. Life was good so far.

Then tragedy struck - a tear in her soul so deep that it sent her life spinning.

It began on August 10th, 2013 - the day countless lives ended abruptly.

But it didn't end there. That day just marks the beginning.

-----

[ NOTE:: I will use PR terms, including exact time/year, and a whole bunch of geeky details. ;D I will include all the characters from the movie too! Maybe not right away, so don't fret.

But please note that since this is my story/fanfic, I will add some things that are not from the movie/comic - for the sake of this fanfiction and my made-up OCs. But don't worry, I will keep all the canon characters from the movie/comic (I will do my best, mostly from the movie, though). I'm not entirely sure, but this might be an OC x some canon character (I'm going to be cliche and say that it will probably be Raleigh. xD). Read to find out.

Hope you all enjoy! -- phen ]