Glossary

The Glossary - because I use words that are known to be "geeky". ;P

(to be sorted alphabetically. - do not fret. i will update this with every new term that appears. c; credit to the PR wikia too! c: if i happen to accidently miss one, feel free to post below/message me!)

Lists in order: TERMS, PEOPLE, JAEGERS, KAIJU

LAST UPDATED // 12-16-13

-----

TERMS

Jaeger:: ss

Jaeger Pilot:: ss

Jaeger Program:: ss

J-Tech:: J-Tech (short for "Jaeger Technian") is an occupation given to officers in charge of the maintenance of the Jaeger systems and robotics. J-Tech officers are responsible for programming logistics involved in Jaeger weaponry and combat, as well as the creation and maintenance of the Conn-Pod and Shatterdome HUD. There are four types of J-Techs: Weapons Specialist, Jaeger Engineer, Neural Bridge Operator, and Battle Programmer.

Marshall:: Marshall (or Shatterdome Marshall) is the highest rank given to officers in charge of Pan Pacific Defense Corps operations. Marshalls are responsible for all active Shatterdomes. The Marshall for the Defense Corps is the figure head and the final word in regards to military movements, strategies, and deployment. There can only be one Marshall active at one time. Marshalls are responsible for assigning Drift teams together and who goes out to face the Kaiju.

Pan Pacific Defense Corps (PPDC):: The Pan Pacific Defense Corps (abbreviated PPDC) is an organization created by the United Nations in late 2014. The Defense Corps represents an international alliance of twenty one countries across the Pacific Rim, bound together by the shared goal of containing, combating, and eliminating the Kaiju. The organization would act as the primary beneficiary of the United Nations, who would fund Dr. Schoenfeld and Dr. Caitlin Lightcap's efforts to create the first six Jaegers with the Jaeger Program. There are eight headquarters of the PPDC called Shatterdomes where Jaegers are built, repaired, and stored, as well as where the Strike Groups are assigned.

Shatterdome:: Shatterdomes are the primary headquarters of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps and factories for the construction, repair, and maintenance of the Jaegers. All operations, Ranger training, and experiments regarding the Kaiju are carried out within their respective Shatterdome bases. Since 2013, over eight Shatterdomes (Hong Kong, China; Lima, Peru; Anchorage, Alaska, USA; Los Angeles, California, USA; Vladivostok, Russia; Toyko, Japan; Sydney, Australia; Panama City, Panama) were built in response to the increasing threat of Kaiju attacks occurring in the Pacific Rim. Each Shatterdome was built in locations nearest to Kaiju breach points in order to prevent massive damages to cities. The considerations for the placement of Shatterdomes are regional and tactical, not political.

Strike Group:: Strike Groups are Jaeger teams stationed at the Shatterdomes around the Pacific Rim during the Kaiju War. Jaegers that are assigned to defend a particular area of the Pacific Rim, starting from their Shatterdome's location, are usually paired with one or more Jaegers to fight alongside.The number of Jaeger teams in a strike group appears to depend largely on how many the country or city has at their disposal. Initially, the number never appeared to go over two or three. However, that can change. Strike Group personnel include: Shatterdome Marshall, LOCCENT Mission Controller, Jumphawk Pilot, and PPDC Striker Trooper (not to mention, the Jaeger pilots/Rangers - but they are technically under the PPDC directly and not considered an occupation of the Strike Group. I know. What the heck, lol.).

Strike Trooper:: PPDC Strike Trooper is an occupation given to an officer assigned to a Strike Group. They are the ground forces of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps. Troopers may find themselves deployed to any Shatterdome on the Pacific Rim. During a Kaiju attack, Troopers are dispatched to the streets of an exclusion zone, laying down ground fire. They also aid in the evacuation of civilians from cities and toward Anti-Kaiju Shelters. They also pretty much maintain order in the city like the police or the military in the process. Troopers are described as "elites" and a rarity. Few have the courage to stand their ground in the face of a Kaiju attack without the assistance of a Jaeger.

-----

PEOPLE - an asterik (*) before a name means that he/she is an OC (made-up)

Dr. Jasper Schoenfeld:: Dr. Jasper Schoenfeld is a professor, better known as the creator of the Jaeger and his involvement in the Pan Pacific Defense Corps' Jaeger Program. (OC) He was very close friends with Marshall Whitehorse as well as his daughter, Juliana Whitehorse. Juliana travelled with Dr. Schoenfeld a lot - he taught he everything she knew, knowing she had talent in the field of Jaeger technology.

*Captain Larkson (Captain of troop 174):: He is Captain of his troop, Troop One-Seventy-Four (174). He has striking green eyes that can be hard like emeralds or soft like moss. He is assigned to the Los Angeles Shatterdome. His first name is currently unknown (to Juliana).

*LOCCENT Gabe Klubman:: A friendly, hazel-eyed man who is the LOCCENT of the Los Angeles Shatterdome. He's very happy-go-lucky and his enthusiasm is contagious. But he can be serious and is very good at his job.

*Marshal (Dominick) Whitehorse // status - deceased:: Father of Juliana and Jason Whitehorse. He was a well-respected and highly ranked officer in the US military before becoming a Shatterdome Marshal in Anchorage. He was also a Jaeger pilot, his Jaeger the Black Hawk.

*Marshal (Jacob) Sokolov:: A stocky, tall man with a hint of a rich accent on his tongue. Very down to earth. Marshal of the Los Angeles Shatterdome.

Marshal Stacker Pentecost:: Marshal of the Anchorage Shatterdome, head of the Jaeger Program. Previously a pilot of the Mark-I Jaeger, Coyote Tango.

*Jason Whitehorse:: Son of Marshal Whitehorse, brother of Juliana Whitehorse. He stands at 6'1", has murky brown eyes, and blond "stuck-up" hair. He is a pilot (right side) on the Jaeger, White Revenge, with his partner, Lucas Reed.

*Juliana Whitehorse:: Daughter of Marshal Whitehorse, sister of Jason Whitehorse. Standing at 5'6", Juliana has dark brown hair (which is often in a fishtail braid brought to her right side. rarely in a ponytail or down) with coffee brown eyes. She is a J-Tech - wip.

*Lucas Reed:: A friendly blond boy who likes to joke around a lot. He is a pilot (left side) of the Jaeger, White Revenge, with his partner, Jason Whitehorse.

-----

JAEGERS - an asterik (*) before a name means that it is an OC (made-up)

*Black Hawk // status - destroyed:: A black Jaeger that was stationed at the Anchorage Shatterdome before being destroyed along with its pilots in 2017 in the fight against (insert Kaiju name here). Pilots = Marshal Dominick Whitehorse (right), unknown (left)

*Glacier Hijack:: A white/silver Mark-III Jaeger stationed at the Los Angeles Shatterdome. Piloted by the Jackson cousins: Henry (right) and Theo (left).

*White Revenge:: A silver Jaeger first deployed at the Los Angeles Shatterdome. Currently in the Anchorage Shatterdome. Pilots = Jason Whitehorse (right), Lucas Reed (left).

Chrome Brutus:: wip

Gipsy Danger:: wip

-----

KAIJU - an asterik (*) before a name means that it is an OC (made-up)

to be added

Knifehead:: wip