3. No Matter What

(Beau is about to go inside when suddenly Maurice comes by with his invention. He's really proud but suddenly, it let out a bang. Maurice gets off of the creation.)
Maurice: That's the second time today! Forget it! I'll never win at the fair!
Beau: Oh papa, you say that everytime.
Maurice: Oh why hello Beau. Huh? Oh yes, but this time I mean it! Anyway, how was your time in town?
Beau: It was alright. Just the same, like everyday. Oh I've received a new book. You know, my favourite.
Maurice: Ah yes, you and your stories. You're just like your mother.
Beau: Papa? Do you think I'm...odd?
Maurice: You? Odd? Why did you get an idea like that?
Beau: Oh I don't know it's just...well people talk.
Maurice: Oh they talk about me too.
(Maurice lays an arm on Beau's shoulders. He walks with him to a bench. They sit)
Maurice: Look, we live at the countryside. Everything here is a bit odd. Just know that in my eyes you're beautiful and not strange at all.
Beau: And in my eyes you're a geniuss no matter what they say.
Maurice: Hehe, oh some day you'll find a fella who loves you for who you are.
Beau: That's what you believe.
Maurice: I mean it. You're all that I need and love, no matter what.
(They hug eachother)
Maurice: Now, let's see if we can get this thing here to work, shall we?
(Beau nodds. Maurice grabs something and sticks it somewhere. Even Beau doesn't know what he's doing. Maurice pulls the lever and....it works!)
Beau: Oh papa! I told you!
Maurice: Well off to the fair, then!
Beau: Oh wait, before you leave. I've made you something.
(He goes inside and fethes a scarf)
Beau: I made this for good luck.
Maurice: Now I know, I'll win!
(Maurice hopps on the invention.)
Maurice: Goodbye, Beau!
Beau: Do be careful!