17. Reading

(Beau and the Beast are still in the library. Beau is reading out loud.)
Beau: "Knowing not that this was indeed the legendary sword called Excalibur, Arthur tried to pull it from the stone. He tried once to no avail. He tried a second time, but still he could not pull it out. Then, for the third time, Arthur drew for the sword...
Beast: So that must mean he's the king!
(Beau giggles.)
Beau: Wait and see.
Beast: I never knew, books could do that.
Beau: Do what?
Beast: Take me away from this place. Make me forget for a little while.
Beau: Forget?
Beast: Who I...What I am.
Beau: We have something in common, you know.
Beast: What is that?
Beau: In the town I come from, the people think I'm odd.
Beast: You?
Beau: So I know how it feels to be different. And I know how lonely that can be.
(Beau continues on reading after sharing some eye contact with the Beast.)
Beau: "For the third time, Arthur drew for the sword. And arose from the people a great shout. Arthur is king!
Beast: Told you so.
(The three servants are still watching.)
Françoise: Oh my, they've been there for so long!
Katharine: Yes! How romantic!
Archibald: Do you know what that means? It means that soon, we'll be human again!
Katharine: Wouldn't that be lovely. I don't have to waddle anymore.
Françoise: I wouldn't have this hideous nose anymore.
Archibald: And I don't have to be that hard-headed, like a donkey!
Katharine: But you were hard-headen even befor the curse.
Archibald: Oh, I was?
Françoise: Yes you were!
Archibald: Oh, uhm well I wouldn't have these large ears anymore.
Katharine: Already then. Let's clean up this castle, who knows what will happen.
(They leave. We go back to Beau and the Beast.)
Beau: "When Guinevere heard that Athur was slayn, she stole away to a convent, and no one could every make her smile again. The end."
Beast: What a beautiful story!
Beau: Oh, I knew you would like it! I-I-I would like to ask you for something.
Beast: What's that?
Beau: A second chance. Would you have dinner with me, tonight....uhm..What's your name?
Beast: It's Adam.
Beau: Would you have dinner with me, tonight, Adam?
Beast: Dinner? Me? With you? Well that would be...I mean...ooh yes!