Chapter 3

I walk into the training room to find Nita rummaging through our supplies. I walk up to her.

"What are you doing?" I ask, "do you need anything?"

"I can see you don't have a lot of good weapons and tools here," she stops snooping but her eye is on all the guns.

"Well, if there weren't a wall, me might have had what you have in the Bureau," I say like it's obvious. Nita just rolls her eyes and picks up a gun.

She takes her stance in front of the target, using the right stance and aiming towards the middle. The gun goes off and I turn my face towards the target to find a hole in the centre. Not bad.

"Your grip wasn't good but we can work on that," I say.

"Really? You're going to tell me how to use a gun?" she says rolling her eyes again.

I decide to grab three knives and stand in front of the target. I take my stance and throw the first knife. I watch it hit the centre.

Nita looks surprised. "Wow, I've got to admit, that was good," she says.

An image of Tris finds its way into my thoughts. I remember when I threw knives at her. She didn't even flinch. Not once. She was brave. she was selfless.

"Hello? Four?" Nita says waving a hand in front of my face.

"What? Umm, sorry," I say.

"What were you thinking about?" She asks.

"Oh, I was just remembering when I threw knives at Tris," I say in response.

"Wait, she let you throw knives at her?"

"Umm, ya. Eric, one of the leaders during Tris' initiation made another initiate stand in front of the target. I was going to start throwing but she stopped me. Eric told her to stand in front of the target and I threw knives at her. I nicked her ear with my last knife and she didn't even flinch," I say while taking out a long breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Oh," is all she says.

I continue to throw knives while Nita watches from a distance.

We spend a few hours in the training room until finally we decide to leave to grab a bite to eat. We walk into the Cafeteria and get our food. I lead the way to my regular table with Zeke and Christina.

"Chris, you remember Nita, right?" I ask her as I sit down across from her. Nita sits beside Chris and they exchange smiles.

"Yup," she says.

"So, Nita, after lunch come to my office and we'll discuss what you'll be doing here, since I assume you won't be going back," Zeke says with a small smile.

she slightly nods and continues to eat her food.

It doesn't take long to finish eating. Nita follows Zeke into his office while I walk through the halls with Christina back towards my apartment.

"Are you sure you don't want to hang out, Four?"

"Um, ya, I'm sure. I just want to be alone for sometime," I say not quite looking at her.

"Okay, well, I'll catch up with you later I guess," she says and turns around and walks away, probably towards her apartment which is just down the hall.

I don't have anything to do so I just sit on the couch doing nothing.

Life without Tris is not the same. It's lonely. There is nothing to do. I only have so many people left in my life. One by one, I'm losing everyone I love and soon I won't have anybody.

After what seems like forever, I get up and head to the bathroom to take a shower. it's surprising how the day went by so fast.

I don't take long to change into my track pants and a black shirt. I am ready to get into bed when I hear a knock on the door.

Really, Now?

I open it and nobody is there. Before I close the door I notice a piece of paper on the floor. A note.

I pick it up and look at it. It's short.

Tobias,

We have something more valuable to you than Tris, if you ever want to see her again, you have to come and get her yourself.

Bureau of Genetic Welfare

What?

Author's Note: I would like to thank LivingxDreams again! I would not have written this if it weren't for your contest! I am also dedicating this chapter to Trueten because she was one of the first people I encountered on Wattpad and has given me many ideas and pointers towards my writing which I greatly appreciate! Every other chapter in this story will be dedicated to someone new! Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!