Chapter 4

I wake up with sweat on my forehead. Another bad dream. Ever since Tris has left I haven't had one night where I haven't had a bad dream. Most of them consist of Tris dying all over again.

The one thing that is still playing in the back of my mind is what was written on the note.

We have something more valuable to you than Tris, if you ever want to see her again, you have to come and get her yourself.

Why would the Bureau send that? And how do I know that it's not someone in the compound trying to send me my death bed?

The only other person I can talk to about this is to Zeke, Chris and maybe Nita.

I don't trust her with this. Not yet.

I might have forgiven her for the past but that doesn't change anything.

I get dressed and stuff the note into my pocket and head out.

I sit alone in the Cafeteria and eat until Zeke finally comes over with his tray and sits beside me. Chris comes next and sits across from us.

"How you doing, bro?" Zeke asks while stuffing cake in his mouth.

"Fine, but I need to talk to you two later, it's important," I say quietly.

"What's it about?" Chris asks.

"Not here, I'll tell you later. Meet me in the Chasm after breakfast," I say. They both nod and we continue to eat.

As soon as I'm done eating I grab my plate and put it away and head towards the Chasm. I find the small passage that leads to the bottom of the Chasm and wait.

Chris and Zeke show up ten minutes later.

I don't speak, instead I just take the note out of my pocket and pass it over to Zeke. He reads it fairly quickly because he hands it to Christina who practically snatches it from his hands. 

They both look at me with wide eyes, "What?" I say. 

"Is it possible?" Chris asks with tears threatening to fall from her watery eyes. 

"Tris is not alive, they are just saying crap to make me go back to the Bureau," I say. 

"You never know unless yo-" Chris begins but I cut in.

"Unless I what? Go over there and ask if Tris is still there?" I almost yell.

"Well too bad cause she's not and you know why, because she is dead and she's not coming back! None of them are coming back! Not Will! Not Uriah! Not Marlene! Not Tori! It's not possible!" That's when I break down. I fall on my knees and stay there, letting the tears escape. I can hear muffling sounds coming from both Chris and Zeke. 

We are all broken. We all lost someone we love. Not just one but many. Now, we only have each other. 

We've helped each other and get over our loss but now it's just flooding back. Everything. Chris and Zeke both kneel down beside me and extend their arms around me. 

I've learned so much about life and friendship. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.

Author's Note: Last sentence was a quote from Veronica Roth's book: Allegiant. That line does not belong to me but the amazing Veronica Roth! Today is also this masterminds birthday! Happy Birthday VeronicaRothOfficial which is why I have dedicated this chapter to her, the amazing creator of the Divergent Series! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!