Chapter 5

It's been a few days since I showed Chris and Zeke the note.

I haven't left my apartment, I've barely eaten. I've just tucked myself away where I can be alone.

I know you don't get what you want. And of course, I wanted Tris but didn't get to keep her, help her, save her, love her...

It was my fault. This wouldn't have happened if I was with her. She risked her own life to save her brother. The one who betrayed us over and over again and yet Tris risks her life for him. She still has Abnegation inside her, the one thing she held onto after she left her family.

I miss her, God I miss her so much.

I am lifted from my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door. This isn't the first time.

I sigh and get up and make my way towards the door. I open it to see...

Nita.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"You haven't left you apartment for days."

"Why do you care what I am doing or where I am? It's none of your business."

"Look I know we've had a rough past—"

I don't let her continue, "you don't say," I retort, rolling my eyes.

"—but we have to learn to put that behind us. The past is in the past," she says like she never tried to kill us before. I start to close the door but she stops me. "Can you at least tell me what's been bothering you? I can try to help," she says hopefully.

I don't feel guilty for not telling her about the note. Its not her business. She never trusted is so why should I trust her?

"It's nothing, I just miss Tris. Don't expect me to be happy about it," I snap. "I'm not leaving my apartment until I don't want to and you can't make me so just drop it and leave me alone." I slam the door shut in her face and lock it.

I'm not in the mood to hear crap.

Just then the intercom buzzes...

Today is the Choosing Ceremony. All Dauntless that are sixteen please report to the trains now!

Then the voice is dead. I forgot the Choosing Ceremony is today. And again, I'm the instructor for the Transfers. This is going to be a painful day.

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed this chapter!