6. What Happened?

Read A/N at the bottom!

>>>
So Chelsey went and meddled, thinking she was Cupid or something.

"I told Beau to give Jai your number." Chelsey said happily and sent a wink in Marina's direction.

Marina rolled her eyes, faking annoyance when really she just wanted to scream and giggle like a school girl. "Oh, joy."

Her eyes wandered to the clock that hung above the fireplace, seeing she only had a half hour before her shift at Starbucks started. She didn't mind working. In fact, she actually really liked it even though she only got paid enough to barely cover her bills.

She enjoyed meeting different people everyday and seeing the regulars come in for their usual drinks.

"Okay...I have to get to work. Are you gonna need the car?" Marina asked Chelsey.

Chelsey nodded her head and smiled apologetically. "Yeah. Sorry I have to go to dance practice then run a few errands. But I could drop you off if you want?"

Marina nodded gratefully as she slipped on her converse. She grabbed the oh so infamous green apron and name tag before following Chelsey out the door.

>>>

Her shift was agonizingly slow that day. Only a few people had come in which was unusual. Sure it was a weekday, but they were always busy.

It was already dark out and Marina was finishing cleaning off a table, her shift almost ending. A gust of air suddenly flew in as the door to the famous cafe opened.

The paper towels Marina had placed on one of the tables she was cleaning flew off to the floor and she let out a frustrated sigh.  She bent down and swiftly picked them up, throwing them away before turning around to meet whoever had arrived.

"Sorry about that. It's unusually windy outside" the person spoke up. He was a man and looked to be around his mid twenties. His hair was styled to perfection, not again out of place. He was tall, with dark eyes and pale skin.

"It's okay. Did you want to order something?" Marina asked. She eyed the man cautiously. There was something strange about him but Marina couldn't quite put her finger on it. All she knew was that she was picking up bad vibes.

"Yeah. Can I get an iced coffee?", he asked, lying smoothly, knowing he would just throw it away when he walked out. He didn't come here for coffee. He came to see what, or rather who, had caught one of the brooks brothers eye.

As Marina made the cold drink, the man watched her, taking in her features and her scent. He felt his face start to shift, fangs poking out from between his lips.

His face returned to normal when she turned around and handed him the drink. "Here you go. That'll be $3.65."

The man smirked and looked into Marina's eyes, his pupils dilating as he spoke. "This drink is on the house."

Marina unknowingly repeated what he spoke to her. "Forget it. It's on the house." She sent a warm smile at him.

The man chuckled, not once breaking his gaze. "Now come sit with me outside. Let's talk."

Marina had no control over her actions. She moved from behind the counter and followed him outside to sit on one of the little tables. She sat down across from him and watched as he took a small sip of the coffee, making a disgusted face.

"I don't understand how humans like this stuff. It tastes awful" he took of the lid and poured the coffee out into the bush. He leaned in closer to Marina and smirked again. "I'd rather be drinking that delicious blood coursing through your veins."