Chapter 6

Patrick knew I had a fear of flying, but Spencer and Brendon didn't know. As soon as we got to the airport and made it through security, I sat down in the nearest bench and huddled against my

jacket. "I don't think this is our gate.." Brendon coughed. Spencer was looking down the gigantic hall and saw a sign that had our correct gate number on it, "Want us to go find us some seats?"

Patrick nodded and knelt down before me, "Hey, what's bugging you?"

"What's bugging me? The fact we're about to go in a giant piece of machinery that can fly.." I scoffed, then pulled my jacket closer, like a safety blanket.

"I'm talking about actually bugging you. I saw you in the rear view mirror; you can hide that look of confusion and melancholy feelings by looking out a window." Patrick had stood back up and was looking down at me. He sounded frustrated, and I couldn't have imagined why. I had more of a right than he did.

"You made that sound so utterly cliché," I bit my lip, trying to contain a smile from looking at him, but couldn't help it. "You are of the female persuasion, you are all about clichés."

I stood up, but only a mere 5 inches shorter than he was, and I looked at his face. "We can talk after when we land," I sighed, not feeling up for more anxiety.

"If we land," Patrick muttered, "That is."

"Don't ever say that again."