Chapters 1 & 2

Chapter 1

I never thought we'd get chosen for such a dumb task. Not only were we being sent into a dangerous area with a containment breach, but we were dealing majorly with many creatures, some that could easily snap our necks in an instant. If we blink, it could be deadly. The end. I looked over at Patrick as he read over SCP 173's information. "How can you do that?" I said as he took a bite of his food. We sat in this restaurant and studied the information in our best clothes. Patrick had a ball and he had insisted on taking me with him since I was his best friend. Ugh, the word friend. It doesn't even begin to describe the way I feel about him. "Because I've been performing for a long ass time. Little things like eating and reading don't bother me," Patrick said, smirking. "You're an ass." I laughed a bit and then turned my head. "Aww, you don't think that," Patrick got up and fixed his tuxedo. "Yeah, I know what I think. And I think you're an ass." I moved so my blue dress would flow over my leg without any ripples. My dress was the color of clear blue waters with a hint of dark sparkles to brint it out. Apparently, it brought out my eyes, yet I don't see it. "You don't think that at all." Patrick winked. His eyes sparkled behind the black and silver square frames. Gawd, he's so dashing. "Yeaaaahhh," I said, mocking him. Patrick sat down next to me and I leaned against him. "Why did you have to sign us up for such a dumbass move, Patrick?" I looked up at him and looked at my bowl of soul, beginning to stir it with a spoon. "I wanted to live a little. You know, feel the adrenaline!" Patrick made a fist and I stared at it blankly. "As if you don't get enough of that on stage," I nudged and sat up to lean against the wooden wall behind me. "You get used to that adrenaline though. There's no fun in it after a while." "TORO! Such lies," I yelled and laughed. "No seriously! It is!" Patrick turned and looked at me, laughing as well. "Once you're up there, the screaming fans don't give a rush?" I took a sip of my water and looked at him. Patrick didn't say anything for a second or two, but then he blurted out, "Nope." I facepalmed and then looked at my phone. "We have to get going man." Patrick grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet as he got up. "Then let's go!" I moved to stand up and I fell against Patrick. I looked up at him and Patrick looked into my eyes. Patrick kept speaking of adrenaline and this was my moment. I wonder if when we enter SCP, I'll feel this. "We, uh, should get going. Um..." I said after ten seconds of silence. "Yeah, we better," Patrick noted and slid a twenty on the table. He took my hand softly and guided me to the door. This was our last night before we left for SCP training tomorrow. I hoped that it would be spent well. 

Chapter 2

"God, I'm tired," I said as I walked into Patrick's apartment. I walked down and sat on the couch, kicking off my heels. "Oh you'll be fine. You complain too much." Patrick began to take his jacket off and I didn't respond. Patrick turned around and I was staring at his feet. He noticed me staring and I looked away, not wanting to cause any stir. "What's up with you, Amy? This isn't like you." I moved to face him. "You want to know what's really bothering me? I have no one to speak my mind to. I can't show or tell my true feelings about things. I complain too much because I have no one to tell what I really want to say!" I threw my hands in the air as I spoke. Patrick grabbed my hands and held them to his chest, "What am I? Chopped Patrick?" I laughed a bit, "Nooooo..." "Then why can't you tell me how you feel?" his eyes looked serious and sad, because he couldn't understand what I was trying to convey. "Because what I want to say is about you!" I lashed back. Patrick looked at me, "Oh, Amy ," and he reached for me. "What're you doing?" I said. "Wait. What?" Patrick still had his arms extended and cocked his head. "I meant I'm angry at you! You had to sign us up for some completely stupid assignment that we have absolutely no idea how to control!" His light brown hair was ruffled and his slender frame leaned against the wall. I turned around and then sat on the couch. "Patrick, I'm scared," I said as I looked up at his mantle. It was covered by pictures of us. One picture had him and Pete. It had one of Fall Out Boy, the whole band. A bunch were of Patrick and I. I looked at them and stared firmly. "Patrick, you're doing so well. I'm doing a lot less then you, but I'm doing well. Can't we just get by on that?" Thunder cracked in the background. Rain splattered on the window noisily as we sat in silence. The lights flickered rapidly then we heard the power shut down. Neither of us moved. I didn't realize Patrick had until I felt the seat next to me cave in. Patrick struck the match and lit the candle on the table, letting the match burn until the flame began to lick at his fingertips. I hated it when he did that, I was always afraid of his hand catching on fire. "Amy, the only reason I signed us up was that I could live a bit more. I live so well when I'm around you. Sure, I'm doing well economically. But emotionally, it's all hell." Patrick's hand slid across my shoulder and brushed the hair from my neck. Patrick's lips brushed my shoulder. I shivered a bit as the soft skin of his lips brushed my collarbone. He moved forward and pressed them softly against my neck, nipping at the tender areas towards the base of my neck. Patrick slid his hand up my back and rubbed his hot fingertips across my back. I placed my hand on his chest and moaned his name, slowly sliding it down his bleach white shirt, making him moan as his lips licked at my collarbones. "Patrick, this.. Can't.." His lips moved up and were pressed swiftly against mine, crushing them against my face. His lips were soft, but wet; for a vocalist, they should be moist. "Am, can this just happen? And you ride it out?" I pulled back lightly and watched his as he backed away, pulling me up to my feet. It was Patrick, walking backwards slowly, in the strobe light lightning show. Envision that, and think about how that would make you feel.