Judgement Of A Lesbian

"Perhaps there are those who are able to go about their lives unfettered by such concerns. But for those like us, our fate is to face the world as orphans, chasing through long years the shadows of vanished parents. There is nothing for it but to try and see through our missions to the end, as best we can, for until we do so, we will be permitted no calm." - Kazou Ishiguro, 'When We Were Orphans'

"Welcome to Academy City!" A woman said cheerfully. "Roughly 1/3 the size of Tokyo, we're abou 20 years ahead of the rest of the world, in terms of scientific acheivment! Academy's City main purpose is to..."

Damian started to tune out after that. He knew all this.

He was sitting in a bus, surrounded by people who were having the time of their lives... laughing, smiling, talking about their day plans...

All in all, they were having a good day...

And because of that, Damian was having a bad one.

This has to be the worst bus ride in history. He thought to himself, his arms crossed. I really hope none of these are my room mate... I'll probably end up killing them... Well actually I'll probably just seriously maim them... I don't want Father to be angry whenever I find him....

"Hey! Hey you, spiky hair!" A voice spoke in Japanese. (Yes, Damian speaks Japanese)

Damian looked over. "Yes, what do you want?"

It was a boy with short brown hair in a suit. He was smiling brightly. "My name's Aiko Adachi!" He said. (In Japan, surnames come before first names, but for the sake of this story, it will be said the American way) "What's your name?"

Damian gave him a blank stare, before turning away.

Aiko's smile didn't drop. "Do you not speak Japanese? That's cool. I know some English..." He scrunched up his nose in concentration. "Hi, my name's Aiko Wada, nice to bacon you!"

Damiangave him another blank stare, before responding in perfect Japanese. "I am assuming you meant 'meet', not bacon."

Aiko's eyes widened. "Woah! That's so cool! You don't even have an American accent!" he said, reverting back to Japanese. "What else can you speak? I can speak Japanese, English, and Pig Latin!"

"That's really none of your business." Damian replied, wanting the conversation to end.

Aiko was silent for a half of a second, before deciding not to give up. "Where are you headed to?" he asked, before smacking his head. "Nevermind, that's a stupid question. Kodona Middle School, right? The second most prestigious boy's school in Academy City, home to espers Level 3 and up. What's your ability?"

Damian sighed, not answering. Why can't this boy see I don't want to talk? He thought.

Seeing that Damian wasn't going to answer, Aiko continued. "I'm a Level 4 telekinetic! You know what that is, right? It's whenever you can move things with your mind!"

For a split second Damian was reminded of Raven, a friend of his that he made while he was a Teen Titan. She had telekinesis... but not because of an esper ability.

"Look, we're here!" said Aiko excitedly. 

Sure enough, the bus had pulled beside a massive building, one that was the size of Wayne Manor. 

"Okay, boys!" The lady at the front began. "I'm going to call your name, and you hop off when it's called! Rin Arakida, Haru Amori..."

"Aren't you excited?" Aiki punched Damian on the shoulder excitedly.