Damian Wayne

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen.- Edgar Allan Poe

"What's he talking about?" Mikoto asked.

Damian didn't answer. He knew that he couldn't tell anybody his secret. "It does not matter. I have been in worse situations and came out alive." He said confidentially.

Mikoto narrowed her eyes. "I'm all for keeping secrets you don't want anybody to know. Trust me on that. But we have five minutes! These chains are messing with my esper ability, and there's no exit."

And she was right, Damian couldn't do anything. He didn't have his utility belt on him- Scarecrow must have taken it -so he couldn't break through the wall.

"It's none of your business." Damian snapped.

"You think that I'll care!?"

"Yes, actually, I do."

Mikoto scowled. "It can't be anything worse than mine. And it is my business, because if we can't get out of here, we're dead!"

Usually, Mikoto wouldn't be bothering Damian to tell her, because usually she would think of a way out. However, both her and Damian were still feeling the effects of the Fear Gas.

Damian scoffed. "Oh please." He rolled his eyes. "I'll think of a way out of here."

"In five minutes!? Wayne, just tell me!" Mikoto persisted.

Damian was silent. Because of the Fear Gas, and the fact that in small spaces a false sense of security can be felt between two people, he wanted to tell her.

"Three minutes." Scarecrow broke in.

Mikoto glared at Damian, who sighed. "Fine." He snapped. "But if you tell anybody, I'll break your face."

"I'm not going to tell anybody."

I can have Martian Manhunter erase her memories later. Damian thought, before beginning. "I was born to Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, the leader of the League of Assassins, which is exactly what it sounds like." He said. "Talia drugged Father into sleeping with her. The League taught me how to fight from the time I could walk. When I was four, I was told to climb a mountain. I broke my wrist. I finished it anyway."

Mikoto's eyes widened. "That's some tough training for a four year old."

"I am the grandson of Ra's, it was to be expected." Damian explained. "Whenever I was 10, Ra's was murdered, and Talia sent me to live with my father... Batman." Father's going to kill me.

"Wait-" Mikoto interrupted. "Bruce Wayne is Batman?!" she paused. "It makes sense, actually, you would need a lot of money to have all of those weapons."

"I became Robin." Damian pretended Mikoto hadn't said anything. "But I still tried to kill people. I murdered multiple people while I was in the League. Decapitation, slitting their throat, stabbing them through the heart, dismemberment... you name it. When I first met Father, I tried to kill Drake, my... predecessor." He refused to say 'brother'.

Eventually, I learned to suppress my murderous tendencies

Eventually, I learned to suppress my murderous tendencies. But that doesn't mean they aren't there. You should see the criminals whoever I'm done with them. But they deserved worse." He added darkly.

Mikoto was silent.

"A few years ago," Damian continued. "Talia came back for me. She wanted me to join her, but I couldn't. I'm not like her. So, she cloned me... and ordered that clone to kill me." Damian closed his eyes, remembering screaming, begging for his mother to save him from himself, literally. "And I died. But my family brought me back. I had superpowers for a while, but I eventually lost them. Talia still wants me to come back, but.... I'm not like her."

He sighed, looking at Mikoto, expecting to see  disgusted face. However, he saw nothing but sadness... which was worse.

"Don't you pity me." He snapped.

"I'm not." Mikoto shook her head. "I think you're strong for getting through that. I think you're brave. I think you try to bottle up your emotions. You don't tell anybody anything. I know from first hand experience that it's not a good idea. It's good you talked."

"Tt." Damian muttered. "Whatever."

"How sweet." Scarecrow cooed. "I won't kill ya! It's better that you're alive... you need to see something."

He's acting like Mad Hatter. Damian noticed.

"So, why are you here?" Mikoto asked, and Damian explained how his Father was missing.

Suddenly, the chains fell off of both of them. Sparks jumped from Mikoto's bangs.

"Alright..." She growled. "Where is he!? I'll fry him!!"

"He's not here." Damian said. "There's no way he would let us go if he was here. Together we would stop him easy."

"You're right." Mikoto admitted. "Stand back; I'll break us out of here." A massive blast of electricity exploded from her hand, blasting apart the wall, revealing that they were in a warehouse.

"Right," Damian said

"Right," Damian said. "You can go now."

Mikoto scoffed. "No way I'm leaving. I'm helping you find your father."

Damian scowled. "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"I'm going, and you can't stop me!" Mikoto huffed. "Deal with it!"