Crimefighters and Collarbones

"I'm tired of defending my character. I am what I am. What you see is what you get." - Dana Plato

Gotham City

"Hey, Jason," a man in his twenties with black hair and blue eyes hopped down the stairs of the Batcave. "Have you seen Damian?"

"No," Jason replied, standing beside Barbara as she worked on Tree Diagram. "Do I look like that little brat's keeper?"

Dick Grayson, aka Nightwing, narrowed his eyes. "Oh really?" He said suspiciously. "Are you sure about that?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "I'm sure. I'm positive. Certain. I don't know where he is."

"It's not like him to be missing, especially with Bruce gone." Dick pointed out. "And besides, he's been wanting to go look for him for a while now..."

Jason sighed. "Dick, I promise you on my life that I don't-"

"But Jason... you don't have a life."

Jason swung a fist at his older brother, which Dick dodged. "I mean it. I don't know where the brat is."

Suddenly, the blonde haired Stephanie Brown rushed down the stairs. "Jason!" She squealed. "Did you know that Damian is now friends with the Railgun!? I was looking over Bab's shoulder, and-" she cut off as she saw Dick. "Er... I mean... um... Did you hear that Tyler and Jenna Joseph are having a baby?"

Dick glared at Jason. "Where is he?" He said dangerously. "I want the truth, Jason. No games."

"But what's the fun in that?" Jason fired back, avoiding the subject. "Just think about it, Dickie-Bird. Without games... what's the point of life? What's the fun? You need fun to get through this crazy world. Hey, we should play some good old monopoly!"

Dick was shaking. Jason had never seen him this angry. Dick was usually the calm, cool, collected one who always had a wisecrack to say. He realized that his brother was seriously, extremely worried.

"Okay." He finally sighed. "I sent him to Academy City. He's the only one that can pass an esper, Dick, with his voice replication skills. Not to mention he's more likely to be accepted by some Level 5's, given his age. We'll need some super powered people. The Justice League is getting suspicious. They aren't going to buy that Batman isn't in trouble for long."

"Why would you send Damian!?" Dick exploded. "He's 13, Jason!! And you expect him to 'make friends'!? He doesn't know how! It's impossible to handle him if you don't understand him!!"

"Do you have a better idea!?" Jason retorted, standing up to face his brother. "Because you can't go, you can't pass as an esper! I can't either, I'm not even legally alive!"

"But why Damian!? Why not Cass!? Or Steph!?"

"Because they can't pass as espers, you moron!" Jason was getting just as angry as Dick. "Use your freaking brain for once in your life! Damian can lie low, make friends that can help us!"

Dick was about to say something else, before Barabara interrupted him.

"Dick.." she began gently. "Damian agreed to do this. Do you think we could've told him no? And don't you remember whenever you were 13? You would've done anything for Bruce. Anything. Don't deny that you wouldn't have pretended to be an esper and go to Academy City." 

"Babs-" Dick started to say, before shutting his mouth as Barbara continued.

"He'll be fine. He's made friends with Mikoto Misaka, the Railgun. She can generate over a billion volts of electricity. Those two together will be unstoppable."