9

I laid in my bed and let the rain take my thoughts.

I loved the rain. It had a soothing sound to it. And it was unpredictable, like me and like everything else in life. The only thing that is predictable is death. Everyone knows that eventually we all are going to die. Sooner or later. Some wish it would be sooner, and some never. But we all know for sure that we will all die.

I realized that the rain has stopped, which was why my thoughts got darker, and scarier.

I sat up reaching out for my phone, and grabbing my headphones. I plugged in my headphones and turned on music. It was better to listen to music instead of thinking about terrifying thoughts.

I eventually fell asleep, with my headphones still in. When I woke up my phone was dead from the music playing all night.

The sun glows through my cracked window. The weather in Ohio was so bipolar.

I slowly stretched my arms and legs and sat up. I checked what time it was. It was 2 pm. I hadn't realized how late I stayed up.

Standing up, and slipping on a shirt and shorts, I walked down my stairs and to the kitchen to get a cup off coffee.

My life was boring without Josh.

Stop thinking about him! I thought. So I grabbed my ukulele and started to play random chords.