CH 08 | "Looks like I found your perfect leading man."

For @CreativeStoryteller 

GET SOME SLEEP, GIRL.

-----------------------------------

"I think this shirt's still way too big on me, Rob." I say, frowning at the shirt. Don't get me wrong. I loved the shirt. It was soft, comfortable and smelled like him. However, it was too big, so I looked like a hobo when I wore it.

"Kris, you look beautiful." He says, an arm wrapped around my waist as we walked towards the restaurant. Usually, I hated going out in public. I was usually armed with shades, a bitch face and my middle fingers pointing up to the sky.

And public displays of affection? I'd rather you shoot me in the head, thanks.

But with him? I was too happy to even care that we were in public. After an evening together, Robert managed to turn me into a giddy schoolgirl.

I know right? What the fuck?

The worst part? To my surprise, I was okay with it.

Our secret smiles, our matching humor, our subtle touches. We were definitely a match.

"Come on, Rob. You're probably still hungover from the great sex. I look like a white girl trying to be a rapper." I say, looking up at him. He had a smug grin on his face, his teeth shining and dimple showing and all I could think about was wiping that smug look on his face.

Preferably with my lips.

Or tongue. That could work too.

"Great sex, huh?" He looked down at me, all cheeky and infuriatingly adorable.

Of course, I've still got a bad bitch reputation to uphold. Can't let him think that I'm losing my edge.

"Shut it, Pattinson." I hiss through my teeth, giving him a slap on the chest. He stops walking, pulling me closer to him.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure you like it loud, don't you?" He says, looking mighty proud of himself. He dips a bit lower, his voice hushed. "You like it when I make you scream my name, yeah?" His breath sends shivers down my spine. Oh Lord.

I'm sure Dan will understand if I'm late.

He fists my shirt and I held my breath. Is he actually going to take off my shirt here???

Mildly concerned and definitely bothered, I notice Robert knotted the side of the shirt.

Oh.

"My sisters used to do this in the summer. Thought you'd like it." He mused, his hand still brushing the exposed skin on my waist.

I turn, facing the reflection of a store window.

Very nice. I'll make sure to show my appreciation later.

"I like it." I turn to him, tiptoeing slightly to plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I like you." He replies, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulls me closer, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I like you too." I murmur against his chest. I pull away, knowing that I'll be back in his arms in a matter of time. "Alright, cheeseball. Time to get going." I say, pulling his hand as we near the restaurant where I was supposed to meet Dan.

Once we reached the entrance, Robert opens the door and ushers me inside, his hand never leaving my back.

"Kristen!" I hear Dan shout, trudging his way through the tables. "You're finally here!" He stops in his tracks, eyeing me and Robert.

"Oh. Oh." Realization dawns on his face. "So, this is Mr. Tinder." He says, folding his arms in front of him.

Robert turns to look at me, slightly amused and mostly confused. I shrug.

"Ah, yes. Rob, meet Dan. An old friend of mine and a brilliant director. Dan, this is-"

Cutting me off, he takes Robert's hand in his, shaking it. "Yes. Robert Pattinson. Apparently you two are engaged." Dan raises a brow, looking at me with a question in his eyes. I answer it with a punch in the arm, making him yelp.

"Shut the fuck up, Dan! You know better than to read those rags." I huff. Robert, still beside me, laughs. He still hasn't let go of his hold on my waist, and I'm pretty sure I don't want him to.

"Ah. Well, let's just say she said yes. A lot of times, in fact." He replied. Catching his double entendre, he earns a punch from me as well. A soft fuck falls from his mouth.

Yeah. I made sure that one hurt, you cheeky bastard.

"Sorry, love." He leans closer to bury his face in my hair, my head still not turning to face him.

Amused, Dan studies us. "Hey, Kristen. Looks like I found your perfect leading man."

______________

A/N: Yes, this story is a bit of a slow burn. But let's be real, you don't really say I love you on the first date, right??