Apologies, Apologies

Once he was given permission, he effortlessly pushed the heavy doors open and stood by the hallway, still, as he looks back at the extremely surprised expressions of the people inside the hall.

Sir Alex, who's holding a wooden grail, dropped it and stood up, knocking the staring people out of their senses, and sending his chair back. I flinched when the chair he's sitting on fell back on the floor with a loud thud, but no one dared to move.
My lips quivered. Never have I been so nervous than facing all the other evil during my journey. The way his bright grey eyes that once sparked in hope, now glooms in anger. I press my lips together and before I knew it, I'm already on both of my knees.
I parted my lips to say something, anything, but none came out, except for a sharp, ghastly sigh. I raised my head up and saw that he's still glaring at me, and with that, immediately bowed my head down. I got on my feet, my head still hung low.
"I'm sorry," I muttered, but it echoed through the whole room, and I made a quick run for it. The tension, the pressure, the guilt.. it's all building up inside me and I don't think I'll be able to hold on any longer if I stayed in that room a second more. I ran and ran down the halls and out to the front door, crossed the bridge, then down the track. I didn't even notice someone was running after me. But I did once he jumped and tackled my leg on the ground, and we both fell forward.
"Arthur!" Alfred exclaimed as he immediately stood up and help me up. "Um, I mean, uh, your majesty! I'm sorry for that, your majesty!" I turned to him, feeling hot water on my cheeks. Is it raining? I think not. I'm crying. I wiped my tears away and he looked up at me, since he just knelt a second ago.
"Arthur..."
"I'm sorry I barged in like that, I'll.. I'll go back to my place, Merlin is waiting."
"But Arthur! This is your place, your home!" Alfred stood up and grabbed my shoulders.
"Look, they're just surprised. We didn't expect you to come back now! Especially when you've been gone for ten-"
"Eight!"
"-eight years!" I sigh and look away. I already know that! I wiped my tears away and stepped back from him.
"I... I don't know. I was just surprised as well. Sir Alex, he.." I sigh and tried not to think of the way he looked at me.
"Let's go back inside and let Emyrs dust your clothes. You have a lot of things to tell, and a lot of things to know." I nod and followed him inside, preparing myself for the worst to come.
When we got back in, the dining hall is now silent, unlike before I opened the door. My head is hung low, though. I can't bear to look at their faces, I can feel more guilt washing through my pride, and sinking me back down. Alfred, for some reason, stepped away.
I knew why in an instant, because two pairs of arms hugged me tight. It startled me and I looked up. The familiar scent of lilacs. Lady Elisa, Sir Alex! I broke into a smile and hugged back as tight as I can. Father! Mother! I felt happy as warmth seeped through me, from their arms. There's no place like home. And their arms are my home. They both pulled back with big grins on their faces.
"My son, a king! A king! I raised a very great king!" Sir Alex cried and clasped his hands on my shoulders and shook me.
"Oh, how I've missed my son!" He hugged me again and Lady Elisa wept silently. I hugged back and patted his back.
"Come feast with us!" Dylan called out from the long table and soon, the others joined in. I couldn't help but cry and bury my face in Sir Alex's shoulder.
"I've missed the manor, father." I missed calling him that, too. It's a wonderful feeling. I, too, wish to call my real father by the privilege he had, but he's long gone.
"We missed you too!" Rhys and Sei called out at the same time and everybody else laughed. I did, too. I missed every single one of them. I noticed [B/n] and [name]. They were smiling, but are avoiding my eyes.

---

"Now that we've got time to ourselves, we can talk about a lot of things, Arthur." Sir Alex said as he sat on his chair, groaning while his bones crack while he slightly bends over. He's aging.
"Yes. Alfred said I have a lot of things I need to know that I missed here at Kirkland." My father nodded in agreement and leant his back against the chair he's sitting on.
"Yes, several things. Most of them, you wouldn't like." I frown and tried to see if he was joking, but I saw he's not, and that he's frowning too.
"Worst to best, please," I demanded. My father licked his lips, like how he always do when hesitating.
"Fine. I suppose this is the worst for you, but Alfred promised [name] that if you don't come back, he will marry her instead." I sucked in a breath and looked away. I wanted to hiss, but I didn't. Damned sly Alfred.
"But I came back, too bad for him."
"Yes, but the thing is, [name] had grown impatient, especially with a child of her own. Nothing was decided, but I'd like you to clear things out." My father spoke so carefully you'd almost think he's so scared I'll break into pieces of clay and dust within a mere sway of the wind against me.
And wait. [Name] has a child? I turn to look back at my father with a questioning look, and he immediately understood.
"Yes, his name is [s/n]. You can meet him later." I slowly nod and waited for Sir Alex to go on.
"And Gareth died last year." Oh no, not my favourite priest. He taught me everything I should learn, and I am very grateful of him. I didn't even gave him the chance to go meet the monks and the Doge of Italy! I bit my lip and shook my head.
"That's terrible, I send my prayer to him." I muttered and my father went on and on, saying something about Seamus's divorce to his wife because his wife stole his money! His son now lives in Seamus's manor at Ireland, and will inherit it soon, when the time comes.
"He even called her a smelly beetle-dung!" Sir Alex exclaimed and threw his head back in a fit of laughter.
The best news I've had is that Alice decided to be a nun, but Sir Alex cannot afford her to go to a nunnery.
"I suppose I could help and pay half of it? It's annual payment, right? It should be fine." I offered and my father grasped my hands. I can see in his eyes that he's more than thankful. He really is willing to give everything up just for his children to pursue one thing they love the most. Allistor pursued swordplay, Seamus pursued horse riding, Dylan pursued crusading, and I pursued my own story.

II.