For Who?

"First of all, what happened?" I ask [name] as I stroke [s/n]'s hair. I have found [name] at the stables and asked her to talk with me and [s/n]. I won't be here for long, and I must settle matters while I still can.
  "Mother- she-" [s/n] stammers as he kept trembling in my arms. I glanced at [name] who looked as if she wanted to embrace his son as much as I am doing now.
  "It's... it's unfair, father.. Does she not love you anymore?" He sobbed into my chest and I stroke his back.
  "Everything is unfair, [s/n], and you must learn to cope with it. Now, hush." I take a towel from the nearby table and used it to wipe his tears away.
  "But- but what about Aunt Elissa and Uncle Alex? They are like you, too! They have sons and a daughter! You have a son! Why can't you love each other too?!"
  "I love mommy too." I mutter but he just kept crying into my arms. None of us spoke, and there's nothing in the bedroom but [s/n]'s unstoppable sobs and cries. It went on until he grew exhausted and fell asleep.
  [Name] prepared the skin for him and tucked him under it on the bed.
  I turn my attention to her.
  "You have heard what your son said, and now it's for you to decide. Will you really stay with Alfred, or will you come with me, at Camelot while I still have time?" I ask softly as I look at her in the eye.
  "Arthur..."
  "I will be leaving for the crusade next month, on the feast of Saint Matthew. I will have Alfred knighted, but he can stay here in the Middle March to protect you from the invading Welsh, just in case they decide to-"
  "Arthur, please don't make this hard for me."
  "I'm not." I sit properly and turned to look back at my son.
  "Would you like to continue the wedding or not?"
  "Arthur.."
  "I will be leaving the manor in three days. That's a lot of time for you to decide." I say and I stood up, but someone grabbed my tunic and roughly tugged it.
  "Father, please don't leave." I turn to look at [s/n], and he's crying.
  "You have heard the whole conversation?" I blink in surprise and looked at [name] who's about to tear up herself.
  "Father, if you're leaving, I'm coming with you.." he cried out and tugged my tunic again and I carried him.
  "No, you must stay in Sir John's care. Or possibly your mother's. I cannot pay full attention to you if we're in Camelot, and you will end up upset most of the time." I explained as I cradled him. He's quite heavy, because of his age, but that doesn't matter.
  "Getting you upset is the last thing I'd want."
  "Father, please!" [Name] stood up and tried to take him, but [s/n] slapped her hand away.
  "No!"
  "Don't do that." I sighed and puts him back down on the bed.
  "I apologise that you have to go through this. Now, sleep. Me and your mother have something to talk about." He had no choice, really. He nodded slowly and tucked himself up.
  I turned to look at [name] with a look.
  "For our son, I beg us to be wedded." I whisper and looked at her with my eyes showing how desperate I am.
  "Getting him upset is the last thing I'd ever want."

XI.