Oaths or Boasts?

Alfred's P.O.V.

To think that I have the nerve to do this, especially to my own cousin. Arthur. I painfully watched him ride away to the Pike Forest, which I know is the fastest way back to Camelot. It's nearest Wales, and nearest to England as well. It's a land between two territories. I can't wait until Arthur have dubbed me as one of his knights and live at Camelot.
  I watch him ride on his horse with pride and I prayed him safety and luck as [name] wraps her arms around my waist from behind.

  The nightingale have sung to us, and we mustn't deny its blessings of love. I placed my hands on top of hers and she leans against my back. The door opens and [s/n] steps in with a big smile, but it immediately faltered. I know from the reflection from the mirror.

  "Mother-"

---

Your P.O.V.

  People have always blamed nightingales for singing the song of love to them.

  Nightingales came from the word niht and galan, meaning to sing. Nightingales are always known to have very beautiful songs.
  Greeks believed that they are a lover of songs, but people mistake them as a singer of love.

  Tonight I have seen a nightingale by a tree with its nest, and I wondered, who will be the victim of their own ignorance tonight?

  But I shook it off my mind and camped somewhere comfortable with Merlin and we retired for the night.

---

Arthur's P.O.V.

  I was woken up with the sounds of cries coming from downstairs and I rose. The linen sheets slipped from my shoulders down to my clothed waist. The cries are all too familiar. I stood up and ran out of the room, but just in time, I've seen [s/n] run out of the library, crying, and he ran to Sir Alex who had just climbed upstairs to see what's going on. He had seen me from across the hallway, looking as equally worried as he is.

  "I don't want him! I don't want him! He's mean! I don't want him!" My son kept crying at Sir Alex's arms and he trembles violently. I approached them but stopped from what I heard him say.

  "I don't want him! I don't want him and mother! I don't want them! I don't like them anymore!" He kept crying and crying, and I almost did myself. Sir Alex looked at me as he embraced the child and I nodded. He picked him up and carried him to me. I took him from his arms and [s/n] thrashed away from me, but I managed to get a firm hold of him.

  "No! I want father! I want my real father! No! I don't like you! I want father Arthur!" He kept sobbing and I cradled him as gently as I could, but he wouldn't stop.

  "Why don't you love mother anymore?" I whisper as I cradle him.
  "Because you don't love father anymore!"
  "It's because he doesn't."
  "He just told me yesterday before he left! H-he told me to tell you he loves you! And-and I know he does!" He kept crying, and eventually stopped. He just cried into my arms and I looked up at Sir Alex.
  "I must speak to you," he said and walked away. I nodded and followed. We ended up at his office, and [s/n] had already fallen asleep.
  "All of this is affecting your son, and it's not good. Remember why Arthur was angry at me for four years. It's almost the same reason [s/n] has, and he will probably hold a grudge against you." Sir Alex sighed and looked at my son I held in my arms.
  He's right, and I hate that he is.
  "Arthur will knight Alfred for what he gave done, and Alfred had sworn to never stain the king's name. He must keep his oath, unless his words are nothing but air."
  "Alfred is not a boast!"
  "That's what you've convinced yourself into."
  "No!"
  "You'll wake your child and upset him even more. You must think of him as well, not just for yourself."
   "I look down at my son and stroked his soft [h/c] locks and sighed.
  "I'm doing this for my son, too. I love him, and he loves you most."
  "No, Alfred does."
  "I can't believe you, [name]. What has happened? Why have you changed?" Sir Alex blinked unbelievingly at me and i just pressed my lips together.
  "Arthur is hurt as well. He had waited for eight years to come back here for so long. He had of course, been impatient of the wedding as well. It's not just you." I sighed and stood up and left without a word.

  'Follow what your heart says.'

IX.