My Sword

"It still stings, I can't believe Wat didn't give us any of his weird things he call medicine," I say as I rub the bridge of my nose while scrunching my face with a big frown on it. A bleeding nose is definitely one of the last things I could ever want.
"He just let the blood flow, not even boiled leaves of a guava tree!" I exclaim again and turned to look at [name], who's sitting on the edge of the bed with me, and looking at me with her look.
"It's a natural way of cleansing blood, Arthur." She sighs and dabbed the bruise on my head with ice covered in cloth.
"It's not natural if it hurts, love." I say and kept rubbing it, but she slapped my hand away.
"Stop touching it!"
"But it stings!"
"It will sting more later if you keep touching it!" I sigh. Women always win in arguments.
Silence fell, but she still kept doing her work, while I stare at her face with furrowed (thick) eyebrows and squinted eyes, as she stares at the bruise on my head with the same expression.
"Arthur, your eyebrows bother me." She remarked all of a sudden, and I move my eyebrows around just to.. tick her off. She stopped dabbing the bruise and turned her gaze at me, and I stopped.
"Will you come back to Camelot with me?" I ask, although I didn't really mean to. Her expression changes and I became more worried.
"Arthur . . ."
"Don't you want to?"
"No, I'd love to, but . . ." She gave another sigh and looked away. I know what's holding her back.
"Don't you love me?"
"Yes, I love you with all my heart!" She exclaimed and looked back at me. I looked at her for a few seconds, unblinking.
"That's . . Surprising for you to say, especially when you've swore your love for another man. You've only got one heart, and loving two means you're loving one and the other with half of your heart," I didn't mean to say that, but it must be said, "therefore, you do not love me with all your heart."
She stared at me with an astounded expression and watched my every move; I can feel it. The way I move my eyes, the way I flutter my eyelids, the way I fiddle with the hem of my linen shirt, and the way I stare at the dark oak floorboards like a child guilty of stealing mutton.
"I promised I would return. If you trust me and love me, you would've waited longer. But you didn't, and I returned," I say now in a whisper, but I'm aware she could hear.
"What was it? A lover's snare? Puppy love? Or was he there for you and our child - son - when I was not?" I add and looked at her from the corner of my eyes.
"My diamond and rubies may not be enough to repent for the years, months, weeks and days I've missed with you and our son, but I swear to all Saints I will try to catch up and lay my attention to you and only you, if that's what it takes to have you love me and only me, again." I take her hands and gently grasp them, rubbing my rough thumbs on the back of her soft - soft as feathered pillows - and places kiss on each of them, and raise my head to make my eyes meet her shining, [E/c] ones.
"I . . ." She began, but stopped and snatched her hands away. "I can't, Arthur . . . I really can't." She looked at me apologetically. My breath stopped and I stared at her for a solid one minute before nodding and looking away.
"Ah, I see . . . I . . . Should have expected the unexpected," I say and stand up and leave.

---

"I've pledged my soul to you, my beloved.
And I will offer my sword for you, my beloved.
I will shed blood for your eternal beauty,
I will sing eternal songs for your voice of an angel.
I will give my riches for your crystal-like eyes,
I will cry a river for your never-ending smile.
I will die for your soul,
I will suffocate for your heart.
Oh, my dear beloved . . ."

"Gogoniant!" Lady Elisa cried as soon as I stopped singing. I look away shyly and rubbed the back of my neck. Her mouth soon was crammed with Welsh words I could not comprehend, I've barely learnt any Welsh words!
"She's praising you, worry not, Arthur." Sir Alex said and I sigh in relief. They have called me in their chamber to sing a song for them, since they've announced they're having a new child! They will tell everybody else this dinner, but I'm very flattered to be the first to know. At least it helped take my mind off things. After, I left the chamber and went out to the ford.
Gwendolyn is seen at the crofts with Tom, harvesting healthy and ripe oats.
"Arthur, there you are." I turn around and saw Merlin standing several feet behind me.
"Merlin. Perfect, just in time. We will ride to the Welsh-English borders," I say and walk to the stables with Merlin following behind me.
"Your sword." Merlin suddenly blurted and I stopped, looking at him confusedly.
"My what?"
"Sword. You will need it." I blink and slowly nod. Merlin's never been wrong. I walk back at the manor and went upstairs.
"My sword, my sword, where did I leave it?" I mutter to myself as I travel down the halls. I enter my room, it's not there. Neither is it in the study nor the library. I sigh and approached [name]'s room, the last option I have.
I slowly open the door and stepped inside, making my footsteps as quiet as possible since I wouldn't want [name] - if ever she's here - think that I'm back. I saw my sword in its case sitting by the bed where I have just left it. I softly sigh and made my way to it. As soon as I've grabbed it, I went out of the room, but [name] is already at the doorway.
"You're going already?" I blink and stare at her.
"No, I need to settle important things by the river." I mutter, although avoiding eye contact. Too close. I blink rapidly and backed to the door a bit.
"You'll come back, won't you?" I was about to answer, but there was a loud, rough chiming of the church bells and it went on for several times! Soon, screams were heard.
"Welshmen! Hide!" I said and moved away from her. "I will come back, I promise!" I exclaim before I run down the stairs. I pull my sword out as soon as I've barged out of the door and crossed the bridge, where Alfred is waiting with our stallion.
"Hurry!" He shouted and I saw Welshmen with bows and arrows and swords and stuff invading our village! I immediately climb Bonamy and gallop towards the ruckus.
"It's the English King!" Shouted one man who stopped from burning one cabin. The other Welshmen are trying to break through the church, and others are holding women inappropriately while tossing them in their wagons.

Those filthy rascals!

But once they saw me galloping closer to the scene, they immediately scampered away and tried to get away with their stolen goods and women.
"You wusses!" I shout and gallop as fast as Bonamy could go towards the fully loaded waggons either full off hay, crops and wine, or women. I swing my sword and cut the horse's bridle off the carriage and cut the driver's head off. The same goes with the other waggons, which are the total of three, but one got away.
"Arthur!" Gatty cried as she was taken farther away from my father's land. Gatty! She just got back from Jerusalem, and this is what happens? I tried to make Bonamy run faster, he tripped over a wheel stuck in the roots of a tree. Me and my stallion tumbled forward and roughly landed on our back, and I think Bonamy might have broken his leg because of his loud neighing. And to make it worse, one archeryman from the waggon shot his stumpy chest with his strong arrow with tips as sharp as my sword. And apparently, my sword have pierced through my palm after it flew up high when we stumbled.
"No! Bonamy! Gatty!" I cried as I reach out to my white stallion's half-dead body, but I couldn't move any further. My hand hurts too much and is holding me back.
"Bonamy . . ." I whisper as soon as his chest stopped heaving. Tears stream down my face and bury my face in my uninjured arm.

VI.