Seamus Finnigan - A Spark of Romance

I have the perfect life. I am in the Slytherin house, like my parents. I'm best friends with Draco Malfoy ever since we were 2 years old. I have higher marks than Hermione Granger. And I'm one of the most popular student in school. Everything was perfect. Except for one thing. The guy of my dreams didn't like me back. He, being in the rival house, made it completely impossible for us to be together.
"Y/n?" Draco asked as he pulled me out of my day dream.
"What is it Draco?" I asked him.
"Why were you staring at that stupid Gryffindor again?" He said with disgust.
"Seamus isn't stupid, Draco. Now stop talking about it here" i threatened. I didn't want the whole table of Slytherin's to find out about my crush at dinner.
"Really y/n? Well he's stupid enough to set everything he touches on fire. I don't understand why you like him. It's not like anyone would approve of your relationship." He huffed
"I get it, Draco. It's not like he would like me anyway." I said sadly
"Aw come on y/n, I didn't mean to make you sad" Draco said as he rubbed your back.
"I know. I'm going to go to sleep. Night."
As I was walking back to my dorm, I thought about what Draco said. I knew it was true. It's not like Seamus would ever like me back. Even if he did its not like we could have a relationship. I sighed to yourself and got ready for bed.
~
Potions with the Gryffindor's first thing in the mourning was not pleasant. They were loud and annoying. I mean I'm loud but not as obnoxiously loud as they are. But I don't care. I get to see Seamus and I'm happy about that.
When I finally got to the class room, I see him standing next to Dean. Why does he have to be so cute in a Gryffindor uniform? Uh, I need to get a hold of my self. I went and sat next to Draco, waiting for Snape. When he came in, he told us all to go to the front of the classroom. Then he started assigning us partners for our next potion.
"Crabbe and Potter. Malfoy and Weasely. Thomas and Goyle. Finnigan and l/n."
I walked over and sat next to Seamus. He smiled at me and I gave him a shy smile back. We both started cutting up ingredients for the sleeping potion, when he added wolf fangs instead of the crystalized ginger root.
"Seamus no!" I yelled at him. The next thing I know, the potion blew up in his face.
"Miss. L/n please take Mr. Finnigan to the hospital wing. And five points from Gryffindor." Snape drawled
I put my arm around Seamus and started walking him to the hospital wing. When we got there, Madame Pomfrey gave him a healing potion for his burns and let him rest for a little while. I was about to leave when he said,
"Y/n?"
"Yes Seamus?"
"Thanks for walking me here. Even for a Slytherin, you're really nice."
"Thank you, Seamus" I said as i tried to hide my blush.
"And another thing y/n, would you maybe.... You know hang out some time?" He asked you hopefully
"I would love to Seamus" this time I didn't bother hiding my blush.
"Brilliant! Lets go!" He stated as he started standing up
"Now?" I questioned him.
"Well, do you really think Snape wants me back in his class" he said with a chuckle.
"Defiantly not. Lets go then."
You two walked all through out the castle and found secret corridors I didn't even know existed. It was finally time for lunch, so you both stated heading for the Great Hall.
"Y/n, I had a really good time today" Seamus blushed
"So did I" I said softly
"We should do this again, sometime soon." He said before he leaned in and kissed my cheek. After, he smiled at me and walked to his friends. I walked to the Slytherin table sat down next to Draco with a huge smile on my face.