Harry Potter - together

"Harry, please-" Y/N says, tiredly as he paces in front of her in the Weasley's kitchen. Everyone is long asleep, the two staying up as they usually did these days, reading, or talking. But today, they were arguing. Rufus Scrimgeour had come by the Burrow earlier in the day and the idea that things were getting harder was somehow more imminent. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had been planning an escape for months, trying to map out how to find horcruxes.
"No." He cuts off, bitterly as he comes to brief stop in front of her.
She bites her lips, rubbing her ankles together slightly. She waits a few moments as he continues to pace around, nervously pulling on the sleeves of his flannel.
"Harry, you have to let me-"
"I don't have to do anything, Y/N." Harry mutters quietly.
Y/N sighs, letting her head droop down as she stares at the floor. Harry stops abruptly, letting out a lengthy sigh, and stoops down in front of Y/N, looking up at her with his emerald green eyes.
"Hey, hey. Look at me." He whispers softly, a hand reaching up to cover her knee. She obliges, blinking at him.
"I'm sorry." He murmurs quietly, hand leaving her knee to cup her cheek. She leans into the touch, smiling softly.
"Harry, you have to let me in. Please. I can't, I can't just stand to the side." She whispers. Harry frowns slightly, standing up and sitting next to her on the bed. He slings an arm around her shoulder, bringing her into his chest.
"Love, I can't risk you getting hurt. You know that." He murmurs into her hair, pressing his lips to her hair. She sighs, leaning into him and wrapping an arm around his torso.
"Harry, I'm not letting you leave me again. I can handle myself. Please." She pleads, her voice muffled into the fabric of his shirt. Harry feels his heart tighten at the tone of her voice, audibly hurt.
"Y/N, if he finds out about you- I just, I can't risk it. I won't lose you too." He says quietly, fingers brushing through her hair.
She stays quiet for a moment before clearing her throat, "Harry, the only way you're going to lose me is by not letting me come along. You know we're better together."
Harry recalls the tears streaming down her face last spring when she had finally managed to rip him off of Dumbledore's body, shaking and blubbering because she had thought it was him that was dead. He knows she's right, but he can't help but feel so.. Weak, so utterly defenseless.
He didn't want anything to hurt her, even if that something was him.."Please, Harry. Don't leave me behind." She pleads in a weak voice. "I.. I can't lose you either."
Harry hugs her to his chest tightly, pressing kisses to her head and with a heavy heart concedes, "Alright, alright my love. We won't be separated, I promise. We'll do this, together."