Draco Malfoy - Together

~One Week Earlier~
"Don't worry Y/N, we'll get through this. Together." Draco said and I nodded slowly. We were lying in his bed in the Malfoy Manor. Both of us became death eaters to protect each other, we didn't had a choice. We knew that the war is about to begin and both of us were scared to death.
"I'll protect you no matter what. I won't let anything hurt you. I promise." He said and I wrapped my arms tighter around him.
"Likewise." I whispered and closed my eyes.
~Present~
The war started and I am supposed to fight on Voldemort's side but I'm refusing, I won't hurt my old friends. I try to avoid any duel. I lost the sight of Draco when he left to the Room of Requirement and now I'm trying to find him.
"Reducto!" I hear someone yell behind me and I quickly turn around to see the jet of red sparks coming towards me.
"Protego." I say quickly. I look at the person who attacked me and I see Ginny, "I don't want to fight you." I say and lower my wand. She attack once more but I defend myself easily. I'm powerful and I could beat half of them easily, that's one of the main reasons Voldemort wanted me on his side, but I don't want to hurt them, yet kill them.
"How could I trust you?" She asks with shaking hands, still pointing her wand at me.
"Well if I wanted to hurt you by now I would." I say and she lowers her wand slowly. I see a death eater behind her, ready to kill her. I quickly raise my wand.
"Petrificus Totalus." I say and stun him. Ginny look behind her with wide eyes and than back at me.
"Thanks." She says and I smile a little.
"Be careful." I say and leave to look for Draco.
"Draco!" I'm yelling, running through the halls.
"Y/N!" I hear a voice behind me and I turn around. I see Harry panting and pointing at his left.
"Thank you." I say and run at the direction he showed me. I see Draco sitting on the floor and I approach him slowly. This part of the castle is quiet and there are no death eaters. I kneel next to Draco and he looks at me.
"I couldn't do it Y/N." He whispers and I hug him.
"I'm proud of you." I say as he hugs me back.
"In the end he saved me from fire and...wait did you say that you are proud?" He pulls away and I look him in the eyes. The same beautiful blue eyes that made me fall in love with him, the same eyes that were full of happiness around me, and know they are full of sadness.
"Yes. I didn't hurt anybody too. I saved Ginny and someone else. I actually stunned a few death eaters. Draco I can't fight against them, they...they are my friends. This is my home." I say with tears escaping from my eyes and he hug me once again.
"I know sweetheart, and I'm proud of you too." He says softly and I lean my head on his shoulder.
After half an hour later I feel a sharp pain on my left forearm and I grit my teeth.
"He's calling." Draco says and I nod standing up.
"It looks like everyone are outside." I say looking out of the window and we quickly run to see what's going on.
"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort says just when Draco and I came to the scene. I look at Draco for a moment and then back at Voldemort.
"Harry Potter is dead! And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die." He says again.
"Draco, Y/N, come." Narcissa calls for us but I don't move. I feel Draco looking at me but I don't move. I feel everyone's eyes on me but I don't move.
"Draco. Y/N." Voldemort says and I take a few steps out of the crowd.
"No." I say sternly with a brave face.
"What did you just said?" Voldemort asks. I look behind at Draco then back at Voldemort.
"No." I repeat, "This is where I belong. I'm not a killer, I'm not a death eater. Hogwarts is my home." I say and I can feel Voldemort's rage.
"You stupid little girl, you will die in pain!" He says angrily and then Draco stands next to me.
"Don't you speak with her like that." Draco says and I look at him surprised.
"Draco." Lucius warn him but he continues.
"She is right. We are not killers, we are not death eaters. We only joined you because you threatened us. We are not going to fight against our own home." He defends us and I have never been more proud of him.
"Fine then. You two are perfect example." Voldemort says and Draco looks at him confused but I know what he's talking about.
"Avada..." I quickly grab Draco's hand before Voldemort could finish the spell and I apparate us into the woods.
"Y/N! Are you okay?" Draco asks me and I hug him as tight as possible.
"Thank you." I whisper closing my eyes.
"No, thank you, thank you for stopping me to go on his side." He reply and I pull away.
"What do you mean?" I ask him and he sighs.
"I almost left. I almost joined him. Then you stepped out and I knew where I belong. With you." He says and I smile. I kiss him softly and he wrap his arms around my waist kissing me back.
"Together we'll get through this. Remember?" I ask him as we pulled away and he smiles.
"How could I forget." He says and we hug again. And true enough, together we can do anything.