Fred Weasley - First Ultrasound

'I still don't understand how does it work' Fred said putting his jacket on.
'You'll see' you replied removing your hair from under your scarf and finishing buttoning your coat.
Today was the day of your first ultrasound and as much as it was known in the muggle world - the world where you grew up - the wizarding world had no idea what this word means. It brought overall confusion in Weasley's house which you and your husband were visiting.
'It's like a photo? A muggle one, not moving and stuff...' Fred said walking down the stairs and reaching for your hand to help you step down over the broken step. You rolled your eyes fondly but held his hand nonetheless and made a small jump.
'I'm not porcelain you know' you smiled at Fred.
'I know. It's just...' his gaze went to your swollen belly. A small smile immediately appeared on his face. You softly touched his cheek and gave him a sweet kiss.
'And about your question - it is not like a photo. Well maybe... I mean kind of? Oh you'll see!' this time you reached for his hand to drag him outside. 'Bye Molly! Bye guys!' you shouted opening the door.
'Bye darling!' cheerful voice responded 'And Fred-'
'Mum I am an adult! Responsible' he smacked your butt playfully when you laughed at that 'husband and father. And a soldier...sort of... I-'
'Didn't you fill the whole house with bubbles yesterday because you attempted to do the laundry?' you asked crossing your arms over your chest. 'And almost burned very important contracts because you tried new fireworks for your shop? Inside our bedroom.'
'You are my wife you Brutus' he put his hands on his hips and shook his head 'You know where your lack of support hurts? Here' he said pointing at his heart.
'Oh don't be so dramatic' you laughed taking a hold on lapels of his coat and pulling him closer.
'I can do adult things' he said smirking 'We're going to the doctor to see proof number one aren't we?' he raised his eyebrow simultaneously biting his lip.
'Oh yeah because we started doing this thing after we were 18′ you laughed bringing his face closer.
'I love that you also didn't name it' Fred laughed putting his arms around your waist.
'We are rubbish adults'
'Yes we are' Fred replied finally closing the remaining space between you.
'What the two of you are still doing here?!' you both jumped apart upon hearing Molly's voice. 'Go and bring this....thing! I want to see my grandchild!'
Fred raised his hands in surrender and took his car keys. 'And Fred-' Molly started again.
'I know mum! Don't worry I'll be careful. I have a precious cargo don't I?' Fred said winking at you and taking your hand in his.
———
'It's so weird here' Fred whispered looking around. 'No sounds, no explosions, nothing flying in the air like in St. Mungos'
'And you call this hospital weird' you said reaching for his hand that was resting on his bouncing leg 'Nervous?'
'A little bit. Yes' he responded and turned his head towards you when he felt your soft lips on his cheek. 'This whole vision of actually seeing my child is...pretty overwhelming'
'I know' you smiled 'I am nervous too. But in a good way'
'In the best way' he leaned down to peck your lips before the blue doors in front of you opened and nurse called your name. 'Guess it's time' he said taking a deep breath before following you inside the room.
'Mrs and Mr Weasley?' the doctor turned in her chair looking in her papers. 'My name is Helen Jackson and I will be your ultrasonographer during your pregnancy'
'Hello' you smiled and shook her hand before looking at Fred when he didn't do the same thing.
He was looking around the room at various devices, his mouth slightly ajar and eyes wide.
You lightly poked his arm waking him up of his trance. He blinked quickly before shaking doctor's hand. 'I'm sorry...hello'
The doctor only laughed 'First time parents?'
'Is it that obvious?' you asked taking off your coat.
'Pretty much. But don't worry dear everything will be fine. Sit down here and raise your shirt' you did as you were told motioning Fred chair next to you. He sat and immediately took your hand in his.
When the doctor turned to prepare gel he leaned down 'I don't like it' he whispered.
'What?' you asked looking at him like he had two heads.
'It looks weird Y/N. Slightly dangerous. I mean...' he combed his fingers through his hair - a habit you learned meant he was very nervous. You haven't seen him this nervous since the night he had proposed to you.
'Okay calm down and trust me. It is alright baby. You'll see' you put your free hand on his cheek and after a second he turned his head and kissed it before nodding.
'It will be cold' the doctor smiled and poured gel on your belly smearing it around 'It's been almost four months so we might be able to know the gender if you want to' you looked at Fred to see if he had changed his mind. You had talked about it before and you knew his answer but wanted to be sure. But he only smiled slightly and softly shook his head.
'No we will wait a little bit longer' you said.
'All right. So if you look at the monitor you can see your little one' she said turning the monitor in your direction. 'Here is the head and here is the rest' she smiled pointing at it 'And now' she pushed some buttons and the room was filled with steady beating 'You can hear its heart'
You gasped before turning speechless. There it was. It had been growing in you and you finally got a chance to see it. Tiny head and body and even though it was blurred you saw it. You heard the strong heart. It was your baby.
You felt the grip on your hand tightens and you looked at your husband. He stared at the monitor without blinking, completely focused.
'Our baby' you whispered and laughed when you felt wetness on your cheeks. Fred looked at you and you notice that his eyes were also glazed. He swallowed hard before repeating your words. The next thing he did was to lean down and kiss you hard not caring about the doctor. You kiss was stopped by laughter escaping both your mouth. You and Fred looked at the monitor once again before you felt Fred's lips on your forehead 'Thank you. I love you' he whispered.
'I love you too so much' you smiled.
'It's growing strong.I believe you want to take the sonogram home' the doctor said smiling at you when you both nodded quickly. 'It'll be ready in a minute' she added finishing with ultrasound and giving you towel to remove gel from your stomach.
'When we should make another appointment?' Fred asked letting go of your hand so you could fix your clothes but putting it on your thigh instead.
'Month and a half to two months. How about the same day in two months?' she asked.
'Sounds perfect' you smiled standing up.
'The sonogram should be....'
'I'm so sorry but the yellow car, that I think belongs to you, blocks the sidewalk a little bit too much and it needs to be moved' the receptionist said walking in.
You looked at your husband and shook your head.
'Not a word' he smiled leaning down to softly peck your lips before turning towards the woman at the door 'I'm coming. I'm really sorry.'
'I'll meet you outside' you said before he walked out.
'Here we go!' the doctor showed you the photo. 'Healthy girl' your head snapped in her direction. Her hand went to her mouth 'I'm so sorry. So sorry. It slipped. It very early to say but it's 90% a girl. I might be wrong. Next sonogram will tell us for sure. I'm sorry'
'It's alright' you interrupted her with a big smile. You were going to have a girl. A little princess who will be absolutely spoiled rotten. 'It's better than alright. Goodbye' you waved slightly and left the room.
——–
'We're back!' Fred shouted the moment he crossed the threshold. 'We have it!' he laughed and dragged you to the living room. The house was quickly filled with footsteps and voices.
'Well show us this invention!' Arthur said walking in the living room followed by his wife and his children.
You looked at Fred and opened your bag taking out a small envelope. You opened it and looked at the picture inside. Fred did the same thing, his smile getting bigger.
'So this is our little one' you smiled showing the picture. They went silent, watching attentively before Molly clapped her hands.
'It's wonderful! I've never seen something like that' she almost shouted and took the picture from your hands. 'Look at it! Look at it!' she waved her hand in front of Arthur.
'This is head isn't it? So tiny' Arthur asked excitement clear in his voice. The Weasleys gathered around their mother pointing at the picture and exchanging surprised and happy glances, everyone reaching for the photo to look at it.
'So you really did the do?' George said ruffling Fred's hair.
'Well it's been somehow proved four months ago' Percy said taking the sonogram from Ron's hands.
'Even earlier if you remember the night they returned from honeymoon' Ginny added standing behind his brother to see the sonogram. 'Those sounds still haunt me in my nightmares'
'Rabbits in love' Bill said winking at Fred
'Jealous much?' Fred said but his face definitely resembled his hair color.
'Enough of it!' Molly said 'Give it to me'
'You saw it love. This is an amazing invention. Those muggles are wonderful. I can see my grandchild. My....' Arthur swallowed thickly and quickly removed wetness from his eyes. His wife didn't even bother. Her rosy cheeks glistened with salty traits.
'It is so small' Charlie said in awe looking over his father's arm. 'It really is something worth to see. It's a hand?' he looked at Fred who got closer to him to show every part of his baby he could see.
'It is a nose! I mean...it looks like it...kind of weird' Ron said scratching his head.
'You're kind of weird' Fred said slapping Ron's hand away from the sonogram and hugging it to his chest. 'That's not everything. We could hear its heartbeat' Fred said smiling and looking fondly at the sonogram. His fingers touched it softly.
'Really?' Molly gasped another happy tears made its way down her cheeks.
'Yes' you nodded 'She is a healthy and strong' you said and immediately covered your mouth with your hand.
The room went silent.
'She?' Fred whispered. 'We are having a girl?' he walked closer to you.
'Yeah' you breathed out 'The doctor accidentally said after you left. She said she is almost 100% certain it is a girl ' Fred stood in front of you and reached for your hands. 'I wanted to think about some nice way to tell you but it slipped'
He shook his head and let out a small laugh 'It's okay. I-' he looked you in the eyes and for the second time that day you saw them glisten. 'A girl' second after those words left his mouth he scooped you up in his arms a and spinned around, loud laughter coming from both of you and soon it mixed with the thunder of voices around you.
'Fred be careful with her!' Molly shouted but it was quickly replaced by her happy laugh. 'Oh come here love' she smiled at you and took you in her arms. 'I'm so happy' she said pulling Fred in her embrace too. 'So happy for you two'
'Alright Molly let them breath' Arthur laughed 'Come here and look at her. Our granddaughter!' he exclaimed in delight pointing at the sonogram once again.
'Okay it's gonna be sappy and I'm gonna have to take a bath afterwards but come here' George said giving Fred a hug. 'Congrats' he whispered. Fred held him a little bit tighter before letting go. George moved to you and squished you making you laugh. When he moved you saw that his eyes were just a little bit wet.
'Oooh is someone moved by it?' you said bringing Fred's attention at his brother's face. Your husband gasped mockingly.
'What? Of course not. I-' George said blinking quickly.
'Oh Georgie' Fred squished his cheek 'I didn't know you are such a softie' he teased and laughed when his brother pushed his hand away.
'Leave a man and his emotions alone' he said dramatically and walked away.
Fred put his arm around your waist and pulled you to his side. 'You okay?' he said kissing your forehead.
'I'm better than okay' you smiled and leaned into him. You both watched the Weasleys talking and exchanging the sonogram.They were all smiling.
'Yeah. She will be so loved' Fred said putting his hand on your belly.
You put yours on his and squeezed it. You were sure she would be