2024

Being kinda famous has its perks. I have plenty of adoring fans, the ability to get pretty much anything I want, and a hefty bank account. For the first time in years, I'm reminded of how loved and appreciated I am.

Nevertheless, fame also has it's downfalls. In particular, I have literally no privacy. As I'm staring down at the picture on my phone now, I'm regretting that I ever picked up a camera.

It all started out the other day when I came across a couple fighting. It was late at night and despite their loud yelling, I approached them. They couldn't see me due to the dark, but I could see them in the glow of the street light. It was the perfect photo-op.

I posted that picture on my Instagram to my 1 million followers the next day. I don't know why, I guess I wasn't thinking, but for some reason, I wanted to portray the truth about relationships. I wanted people to realize that they're not always fine and dandy.

You would've thought I'd end the stupidity there. But no. I wrote a long caption to this photo and one of the lines may or not have said "As soon as you realize you love someone, tell them. Don't wind up too late like I was."

And now, not even three days later, I received an email from Riley, my childhood best friend and love of my life, with a short message:

What the crap is this ???

-Riley

along with an online magazine story attached.

An online magazine story with the title "Riley the Photographer Rejected by Childhood Love?" In the article is a picture, a picture of me and Riley from high school.

<3 ash | 8.16.16